Five

ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅ ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

(Y/N) walked into her house, Evelynn stepping to the side and shutting the door behind her. When it was closed, (Y/N) turned around to face her.

"What? Why do you look so angry?" Evelynn asked, faking confusion. (Y/N) gritted her teeth a little, but otherwise her expression didn't change.

"You're not supposed to open the door or step outside, remember? You're lucky your monitor didn't go off. Plus-" (Y/N) was cut off.

"House arrest, shmoush arrest. Let 'em get me- I shouldn't even be on probation anyway." Evelynn interrupted, crossing her arms. Rarely did (Y/N) show genuine anger- especially towards her sister- but (Y/N) couldn't cover it up. Her jaw clenched and her fists tightened. She wanted to punch her.

Why am I so angry? 

She knew the answer, but she pushed it from her mind.

(Y/N) took a deep breath, regaining her composure. "You'll be stuck here longer if you break the rules. Plus, right now I'm the one watching you, and that means-"

Evelynn interrupted her again. "Quit saying that, (Y/N)- I'm older than you. And they shouldn't have put me in house arrest anyway- I mean, COME ON." Evelynn didn't look like she was going to stop anytime soon. (Y/N) turned and started to walk away, but Evelynn kept talking.

She had this issue sometimes, where when something was bothering her, she'd get disproportionally angry. That's why (Y/N) was usually so forgiving with her- she didn't want a repeat of last time.

"I mean, I pled insanity, for fuck's sake. Those idiots- even if I was clearly faking it, they didn't have any evidence I did the damn thing in the first place! They were just lazy- that's it. Lazy pieces of shit. I mean, seriously- my own p--"

(Y/N) walked out the back door, not wanting to hear anything else. At least she had that over her. She could go outside.

To her surprise, Evelynn didn't follow her. She expected her sister to start banging on the door or something. 

Behind their house there wasn't any sort of backyard- the house was built beside a bike path, which, on occasion, (Y/N) would walk on. She took a few steps towards it, preparing herself for a walk when she heard a voice behind her.

"Hey, (Y/N). So, what was all that about?"

The voice was low and a little gravelly, but (Y/N) still jumped, thinking it was her sister. She turned around quickly and jumped again, at the sight of something less human-like.

"Oh... Ryuk. What are you doing here?" She asked, hesitantly. He laughed.

"Do I have to have a reason? C'mon, you were gonna go on a walk, right? Don't want people to see you standing around talking to the air." Ryuk chuckled. All he ever does is laugh.

(Y/N) nodded, figuring she had nothing better to do. Plus, she wanted to stay out at least until Evelynn went to bed. She started off on the path, Ryuk following her in silence.

...

(Y/N) broke the silence. "So, what are you doing here?"

"I followed you. I was in the house with you the whole time- surprised you didn't see me." Ryuk said simply. 

Oh.

When she didn't reply, Ryuk laughed. "You're pretty interesting (Y/N). I mean, making your alias your own sister's name?  Bold move." (Y/N) held her breath.