Three

ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅ ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

(Y/N) stood in front of her house. She always hesitated before walking inside, and today was no different. Sighing, she unlocked the door and walked inside.

She had just finished walking home from Light Yagami's home, where she had made a deal with the avid serial killer Kira. Every time she thought of it, it make her shudder. She didn't think she'd actually manage to make it work.

Putting her things away and locking the door, she thought of ways to make a list of people she wanted killed without making her main target obvious. But even she knew it was pointless- Light would know exactly who it was just by looking at the names.

(Y/N) was distracted from her thoughts by a loud, "Heeeeeey!" coming from upstairs. (Y/N) gritted her teeth. She heard the voice say, "(Y/N), that you? You're back late!"

The girl yelling had an accent; you could tell she wasn't japanese just by her voice. (Y/N) heard her walking down the stairs, and she turned to face her.

The girl was pretty, and looked to be about two years older than (Y/N). She had dark brown hair, pale skin with a slight tan, and eyes so dark they seemed black. Her hair was cut with messy bangs, and it went a few inches below her shoulders. It looked unkept, but pretty.

She wasn't wearing anything special; sweatpants and a tight-fitting black tee-shirt. She was wearing white socks and the same black ankle monitor she always wore. She wore the same necklace she never took off, a dog tag with her initials selfishly engraved. She had told (Y/N) it was from a past lover, but she had her doubts.

The necklace read, "E M."

(Y/N) ran a hand through her red hair and said, "Hey, Evelynn. Shouldn't you be working?"

Evelynn laughed. "I would never. I mean, the internet's down, but I still wouldn't."

(Y/N) forced a smile. "You're going to get fired soon. They've already been nice enough to let you work from home- I still don't know how you've managed to keep your job, considering your situation."

Evelynn shrugged. "Luck? I don't know. Good things happen to good people, amiright?"

(Y/N) gritted her teeth, again. She forced a nod. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight, Evelynn." She replied, not answering her rhetorical question. Evelynn nodded in response.

"G'night, (N/N)." She said simply, using the nickname she hated. She turned and pranced back up the stairs, her ankle monitor bouncing up and down.

(Y/N) sighed, walking into the kitchen to find something to eat. After a moment, she just rested her head against the fridge. She was tired, and her adoptive sister somehow constantly finding a way to bother her didn't help.

She hated Evelynn with every fiber of her being. She hated her false fasade, she hated her laid-back exterior, and she hated how she got everything she wanted by lying. 

She sighed again, picking her head up. She walked away from the kitchen, forgetting her hunger, and picked up the plastic shopping bag she had dropped at the door. Inside it lay a bottle of (H/C) hair dye.

She smiled a little, thinking. She picked up the bottle and got to work.

--

She spent that night and the next day preparing a software on her spare laptop. She wasn't the most tech-savvy, but she'd need to be to keep herself untraceable. The software was designed to store and add new criminals who hadn't been convicted yet. It also sorted via crime committed and the amount of evidence against them.