Seven

ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅ ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

For two days (Y/N) didn't leave her room. She didn't know what to do. Days prior, Light had been secretly sending him and L's conversation to her, before he abruptly ended the call. (Y/N) hadn't heard from him since, and it made her more nervous by the second.

She was inclined to ask L about Light when he didn't respond to her message the first day, but decided against it. The second day, she regretted her decision; it could be seen as suspicious that she didn't bother to ask, and now if she did ask, suspicions would only rise. The more she second-guessed herself, the more unsettled and anxious she felt.

It didn't help that her room was located near her sister's, where she also spent all of her time. For the two days she was alone, the yelling, music, and other sounds never ceased. At one point she even questioned if she had managed to sneak someone inside- (Y/N) wouldn't have noticed, seeing as she only left her room for food and the restroom.

...

She was going over her database for the fourth time that day, anxiously looking for imperfections, when her phone started ringing. (Y/N)'s head almost hit the ceiling, it caught her so off guard. She quickly regained her composure and answered the phone.

"Hellooo?" She spoke into the phone, using her alias' voice. 

A sigh could be heard from the other end of the phone, and (Y/N) could've cried, she was so relieved. She'd know that annoyed sigh anywhere.

"Hey, Murrell. It's Light. Sorry for not replying to your messages- I had a bit of a family issue." Light spoke impatiently. Unknown to (Y/N), he was also feeling a little anxious for the two days he had ignored her. He knew (Y/N) must have been feeling unnerved and uncertain, and that made him feel the same way.

(Y/N) replied eagerly, smiling. "It's alright! You just worried me a little. Can I come over today, pretty pleeeeease?" She batted her eyes, despite Light not being able to see her. He sighed again.

"Why're you so eager...? Whatever, you've got a math exam coming up. 5 PM today is fine." Light finished, annoyed.

"Yep! See you then!" (Y/N) said cheerfully, before hanging up. She exhaled in relief.

Everything's fine.

-

Knock knock knock...

(Y/N) stood in front of Light's door nervously. Sayu had let her in, though she hadn't acted as cheerful as normal- when (Y/N) asked what was wrong, she simply said she'd had a rough week.

The door opened in front of her, and there stood Light, coffee mug in hand, looking a little disheveled. She would've thought he looked pretty cute, but she was more concerned with other things. Light opened the door fully and stepped aside, closing and locking the door behind her.

He sat at his desk, and (Y/N) sat on his bed, hands on her lap. "Are you okay?" She asked gently, even with her monotonous voice. Light sighed, running a hand through his bangs.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry for the other day." He looked like he wanted to say more, but hesitated. She shook her head.

"It's okay. What happened?" She asked. Light sighed again.

"...my father had a heart attack is all. He's alright now- I was more concerned about leaving you without any explanation as to why I hung up so suddenly." He replied frankly, absentmindedly reaching for the remote to turn down the volume on his TV. (Y/N) raised her eyebrows.