Prologue

It was late, probably around 8:30. The sun had set, the rain had just slowed, and the streets were empty, save for a single boy.

This boy, looking to be about eighteen years old, sat on a street bench writing elegantly in a black notebook. He had an umbrella propped up next to him, though the rain had ceased.

He occasionally spoke quietly to himself, chuckling every-so-often. You'd think he was talking to someone else, but no one else could be seen.

He glanced at his watch, and closed his notebook. It was too late for him to be outside writing, an he knew that.

He gathered his things and stood, the black notebook in his hand. He started to walk away.

Unknown to him, there was another person watching him from behind a corner. They wore a brown beanie, and it wasn't clear whether they had short hair or if their hair was held up in the hat. They held a black umbrella. They looked only slightly younger than the boy on the bench.

They prepared to follow him, and started after him once he was almost out of sight.

They saw a scrap of white near their foot, and glanced at it. It appeared to be a scrap of notebook paper. Curious, they picked it up.

They glanced back up to the boy from the bench, who was about to turn a corner. Their breath hitched a little in surprise, but they quickly regained their composure.

They closed their umbrella, a small smile on their face. They couldn't conceal it.

They decided they wouldn't need to follow him anymore. But before turning around, they uttered two words-

"Found you."