One

Light walked into his home, cleaning off his shoes and hanging up his coat. His mother, Sachiko Yagami, piped up.

"Soichiro, is that you?" She asked, from the kitchen. Instead of responding, Light walked into the kitchen to greet her. She sighed.

"Oh, Light, it's you. Would you mind helping Sayu with her algebra homework? She's-" Sachiko was cut off.

"I don't need help! ...yet. I'm doing fine!" Sayu called from the couch, clearly doing anything but studying. Light smiled.

"Sure, mom. Let me unpack, first." He said, before grabbing an apple an leaving the kitchen. Ryuk, a shinigami hovering behind Light, got visually excited. Sachiko hummed in thanks.

Light was about to head upstairs when the doorbell rang. He waited for a moment to see if anyone would answer it, before sighing and putting his bags down by the steps. He walked to the door and opened it.

Outside stood a girl with bright red hair and (E/C) eyes. She wore a conservative short-sleeved black dress, and she held a white notebook in her hand. 

Unknown to Light, her name was (Y/N) (L/N). She looked up at him.

"Hello, is there something we can do for you?" Light asked, trying to be polite. Ryuk snickered in the background.

She nodded, before looking behind him. She seemed to be scanning if anyone was nearby.

Light waited awkwardly. "Um...?" She ignored him for another moment, before deciding she was satisfied.

(Y/N) looked back at Light, trying not to smile.

"Hello Light 'Kira' Yagami. May I come in?"

Light wasn't sure how to react. 

Was this some kind of prank? Or did she somehow find some kind of evidence?

...no, she couldn't have found anything.

He decided to give himself a look of slight confusion. "What's that supposed to mean?" Ryuk laughed.

She didn't reply. "May I come in? I'd like to speak with you."

Light scoffed. Who did she think she was? "Have we met before or something?"

(Y/N) looked to the side, considering this. After a moment, she spoke. "...no, I don't believe so. I would have remembered you."

The hell is up with her...?

After a moment of silence, she spoke up again. "Please do let me in. If you aren't Kira, then I'd like to hear it from you."

He didn't skip a beat. "What's your name, again?"

She hesitated. "I can tell you whatever you'd like to know inside."

Light stood there for a moment more before giving in. He opened the door for her, silently hoping she wouldn't say anything incriminating. "My room is upstairs." She nodded.

Sayu glanced over, her mouth going agape when she saw (Y/N). "Oooooh, Light's got a new girlfriend? Mooom, look!"

Light cursed to himself. "Mom, some tea, please?"

Sachiko nodded, smiling. Ryuk chuckled to himself, floating so that he was in front of Light. "Girlfriend, huh? So the dashing Light catches another one-"

He stopped abruptly, seeming shocked. He shut his mouth, only laughing a little to himself. This was so apparent that Light thought something had scared him.