32

Kenya Capri

It was dark.

Small whimpers could be heard from a few feet from me. I hesitantly walked towards them.

As I walked towards them, rapid footsteps could be heard behind me. I immediately started to run.

The whimpers got louder and louder until I was met with a woman hunched over while tied to a chair. She was naked and there were unspeakable bruises and cuts on her body.

Soon, she looked up and I was met with...

My face.

I was staring down at a beaten and crying me.

My body double's eyes rolled back into her head just as a someone came up from behind her. I tried grabbing her and running but there was some type of invisible wall keeping me from touching her. I pounded on the wall until the lights suddenly came on.

There were all my spouses- except Thor- sitting there bruised and crying.

All naked and calling out for my help.

I kicked and screamed at the invisible wall until a pool suddenly appeared behind them.

And one by one, they each got pushed into the pool.

I was the last one in, and before she was pushed- she looked me in my eye and said

"You failed".

I jolted up from my sleep with heavy breaths and a cold sweat. The clock read 3:45 in the morning.

I switched on the lamps and reflected on the dream- the one I remembered so vividly.

After a while, I figured Thor was the person who had the dream considering he was the only one missing.

We shared his dreams ever since we got married, and he rarely had nightmares.

So I wonder what this one meant... and if he's okay.

I decided to go check on him. He and the others were in the bedroom just down the hall. I made sure to check on the kids before knocking on their door.

When I got no answer, I opened it and seen Thor sitting on the edge of the bed while everyone else sat around him and comforted him.

My heart immediately broke when I heard him crying and sniffling.

Thor was never afraid to cry, but he often tried to be the comforter. He wanted to be the one telling someone everything was gonna be okay.

So..it was rare for me to see him like this.

"Thor" I called out to him. The blond lifted his head and smiled a little when he seen me.

He opened his arms and I walked over to him, hugging him. It soon turned into a group hug as everyone else hugged us.

"I'm sorry" he cried as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Don't apologize, it's just a nightmare. Everything's okay" Wanda said

He continued to cry and as we all stayed up to comfort and talk to him.

The sun started to peek through the curtains a couple hours later- that's when Thor finally started to fall back asleep.

"I don't have long before work so I'll just make us breakfast" I said to the avengers

"Skip work today. Just sleep in, we know you're tired"

Just as I was about to consider it, the babies started crying.

"Y'all have about an hour or two before you gotta go to the compound so you guys go to sleep. I'll make breakfast and give the kids their bottles"

Before anyone could oppose, I walked out the room and headed to the kids.

________________
Sorry for mistakes ❤️