18

Kenya Capri

I hurried out my home office and grabbed my purse off the kitchen counter. My therapy appointment was at 12:00 and it was already 11:45.

Once I made sure I had my phone and stuff, I started racing to the front door- where I was stopped by my spouses.

I had been hoping to leave without them noticing, but damn they noticed.

"Hey y'all" I said innocently

"Where you going?" Sam asked. He was holding a quiet and very observant Ezra in his arms.

"I'll be back" I say, dismissing his question. I didn't really feel comfortable talking to them about my mental issues. Part of me felt selfish for even leaving the children to go do this.

But I know it was for the betterment of me, my spouses, and the babies.

I was definitely going to tell them soon, though.

"Ezra and the twins have a doctors appointment though" Nat (who had recently gotten over the flu) said. I gave them a look that said "y'all didn't tell me about no damn doctors appointment"

Guilt washed over them as they realized they forgot to tell me.

"I'm sorry darling" Tony apologized, "We asked Thor to tell you. I guess he forgot before he left for Asgard"

I rolled my eyes, "What time is the appointment?"

"2:00"

My appointment is at 12:00...I should be done in time to get to the doctor's office.

"I'll be there." I say. They all nodded and waved as I walked out the door.

My heart never stopped racing as I drove to the therapist's office, walked into the building, met him, and sat down.

He was a cute guy, maybe early thirties with curly black hair. Green eyes- tattoos.

Good looking dude, I'd probably try to set him up with one of my cousins or something.

We started off easy with simple introductions and life backstories. He then asked about my relationship and if there were any problems.

And, surprisingly, I told him what was happening with no hesitation.

The conversation flowed so easily, and time went by so fast. I was honestly feeling just a little bit better- considering I got all this stuff off my chest.

We were discussing possibly putting me on antidepressants when I suddenly had the urge to check my phone.

I fished it out my purse and saw it was 2:05.

I've never jumped up so fast in my life. I quickly thanked the therapist and setup my next appointment before zooming out the office and into my car.

To make matters worse- I got stuck in traffic.

I didn't arrive at the doctor's office until after 2:30. I was escorted into the room where everyone else was...immediately met with stares of disappointment and slight irritation.

I only managed to catch the shots- which nearly made me cry. After they were finished, I asked the doctor a couple questions and we left.

I thought at least one of them would want to ride in the car with me but no one did- so I rode alone.

When we got back to the house- they put the babies in their rooms and we all met back up in the living room.

Tony instantly said;

"You do know you're a mother, right?"

"What?" I asked, quite flabbergasted

"Oh, I was just saying that you may not know but you're a parent now.  The kids come first"

"I know that Tony. But, tell me, what are you insinuating?"

Tony chuckled, "You leave to some secret place before the appointment, then arrive super late. Seriously, you couldn't have cancelled whatever you were doing?"

I sighed, "I understand why you're upset but it was super important. I swear I meant to be there sooner but I lost track of time"

"Okay. So is this gonna be a reoccurring thing? You miss something important because of your super secret business?"

"Tony" Steve warned

"No, don't act like this is just me. You said the same thing, Steve" He turned around, "and you Wanda. Y'all were even more upset than I was"

"We're upset but you don't have to speak to her that way" Bucky stated

"I know you aren't talking, Mr. "Kenya needs to get her priorities straight". Don't be scared, tell her how you feel"

Tears threatened my eyes. But they weren't sad tears..

They were angry ones

"So y'all all had some shit to say?" I asked

Nat sighed and shrugged, "It just doesn't seem like you're that into being a mom. At least that's how I feel"

My eyes nearly popped out of my damn head.

The audacity

The fucking audacity

"Not into being a mom? I'm with them damn near 24/7! Let's not forget y'all leave to go to the compound so it's really me feeding, burping, bathing, changing, and playing with them- by myself for hours on end. When y'all are out taking care of your business- it's me. Even when y'all are here- they barely leave my sight. Those kids are my pride and joy so don't ever say anything like that again."

I sat my purse down wiped my tears, "And my 'super secret business' was therapy because I've been struggling with postpartum depression. I've been having suicidal thoughts, and self harming but I didn't wanna tell y'all because I knew we were all super focused on the kids and work BUT SINCE IM NOT INTO BEING A MOM"

I quickly lifted my sleeves to show them my marks. Small gasps could be heard around the room.

"Y'all hadn't even noticed that I've been acting different, hell- you failed to tell me about the doctor's appointments. I'm sick and tired of this bull shit with you all. Seriously"

I grabbed my purse again and walked to the bedroom. I kept telling myself to calm down as I packed up some clothes. I then went to Ezra's room, packed him a bag, and put him in his car seat.

"Kenya what are you doing?" I heard Sam ask , "You can't leave"

"Oh yes the fuck I can. I'm done with this."

Once Ezra was strapped in, I stood up straight and looked behind me to see all of them standing there.

"Baby if you need some time then just go stay in a guest bedroom" Bucky pleaded

I chuckled, "No. I need to go."

I threw Ezra's baby bag and my purse over my left shoulder, picked up his car seat with my right hand, and grabbed my suitcase with the left hand. They moved out of my way and I left the room.

"I'll be back everyday to see the girls and so y'all can see Ezra." I told them. I let go of my suitcase and opened the front door. But before I left out, I walked to the girls room and kissed them goodbye, then I made my way back to the front door.

"How long will you be gone?" Wanda asked

"Oh I'm not coming back" I informed them, "I want a divorce"

______________

Sorry for mistakes ❤️