23

Kenya Capri

*Two weeks later*

Loki and I got out the car and grabbed the bags that were in the truck and the backseat.

He was kind enough to go shopping with me for the house I had just moved into.

It was a perfect sized house in a nice neighborhood that had 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a huge kitchen, and a big backyard.

"This house is beautiful" Loki mumbled. I looked back at him and seen he had at least 10 bags in each hand while I had maybe 7 bags in all.

"Aren't those heavy?" I asked

"Kenya" Loki said with a look of boredom, "I'm a literal God"

That was enough to shut me up.

I set the bags down on the small bench that sat on the porch and pulled out my house keys from my purse. Once I got the door open, I grabbed the bags and walked in.

Loki and I went into the kitchen and set everything down.

"I'll put the groceries away, you go put everything else in the living room" Loki said. I nodded and went through the bags, picking up everything that wasn't groceries and/or something that went into the kitchen and went into the living room.

My original plan was to separate all the things (according to what room they go in) but I immediately screamed and dropped everything when I saw a man sitting in the living room.

It took Loki no time to run into the room but before he could do anything, we realized the man who was in the living room was Tony.

"Tony what the hell" I spat, crouching down to look through the bags to make sure I didn't break anything.

"Hi darling. You need help?" He asked while gesturing to the bags.

I was....speechless.

When I was finally able to speak, I asked him what he was doing.

"I know I should have asked first" He started, "But I wanted to surprise you"

He picked up an iPad from one of the side tables and gave it to me.

"I installed an AI into the home. Along with that, there are security cameras and baby monitors. You can also control the air conditioning and heat from there- and you can control the lights and stuff"

I stared down at the iPad- wondering if I was mad or not.

Half of me was upset that he came here uninvited- but the other half knew he meant well.

"Thank you Tony" I say, "But you can't come in here uninvited"

"I know. And I apologize, I just really wanted to do this for you"

I looked up into his eyes and seen the genuine sincerity. He really did just want to help...

And even though this man needs to learn boundaries, I am really appreciative.

"Promise to call ahead of time before you come here"

"I promise" He said quietly

"I'm serious Tony. You need to respect my boundaries"

"I know, and I'm sorry. I promise to call before I come here"

I nodded and smiled, "This is wonderful. How long did it take you?"

"An hour and half" He answered

I looked at him with confusion. All of this in one hour?

"I know, shouldn't have taken me that long" He sighed.

I gave the iPad to Loki so he could examine it.

"What's the A.I's name?" I asked

"Mr. Stark wanted you to pick my name" I heard a British sounding female voice say.

"She sounds a little like Friday" I point out

"You gonna name her Friday?" Tony questioned

"No... I'm gonna name her Wednesday"

"Very original" Loki mumbled. I rolled my eyes and picked up the bags from the floor.

"Since you're here, help Loki put away the groceries. Everything that's not food just leave it on the counter"

He nodded as I walked away

Tony Stark

"You like it?" I asked as I watched my brother-in-law play around with the iPad

"You broke into your ex-wife's
house in an attempt to win her back with technology....great plan" he deadpanned

"Technically she's not my ex-wife and I didn't break in"

"Sorry, you just showed up to her house uninvited"

He gave the iPad back to me and went into the kitchen. I chuckled lightly before following

__________________

Sorry for mistakes ❤️