7. Suspicious

I opened the doors of patient room 7 and walked inside, softly closing the doors behind me. Ironhide was already awake ,,good morning 'hide, how are you feeling?" i asked and checked his vitals. ,,good morning to you too, im feeling better thanks to you" he replied and smiled. I smiled back and wrote down a few things on the clipboard.

,,When will you let me go?" he asked, i looked at him ,,Tomorrow, i want to keep you here for one more day to make sure you're fine" ,,oh come on, im feeling great! i don't need to stay here for this long" he groaned ,,yes you do, you hit your head hard" i said and chuckled when he made a face. ,,one day here resting won't kill you" i said and patted his head, he chuckled ,, could you please bring me my laptop from my room? i have some work to do. I was supposed to finish it yesterday but we both know what happened" ,,yea sure!ill bring it to you on my lunch break" i said

,,alright, you got anything to do right now?" he asked. I looked down onto my clipboard and flipped the papers onto my today's schedule. ,,i have to check up on a few patients and then join an operation" ,,awh, next time then" he said, i nodded in agreement and smiled. ,,i gotta go, patients won't wait" i said ,,alright, see ya later then" he said and made himself more comfortable in the bed. I waved and left the room.

I walked through the corridor to the next one and opened doors of patient room number 24. After checking up the patients there and giving them their medication i left and made my way to Ratchet's office. I knocked and after hearing silent 'come in' i opened the doors and stepped inside. ,,Good morning Ratchet, im here with the reports" he looked up after i spoke ,,oh, Good morning Nerissa, i didn't expect you to be done this soon" he said and took the papers from my hands, quickly reading them and checking if i didn't miss anything. He put them on his desk and looked at me.

,,the operation won't be necessary since the soldiers condition got better" he said ,,really? that's great" i said. For a while we stood there quiet, before i spoke Ratchet was quicker ,,how's Ironhide doing?" he asked, before answering i looked into his eyes and saw something that told me that Ratchet isn't concerned, like he doesn't care. ,,yea he is fine, ill be bringing him his laptop on my lunch break so he can get his work done" i said ,,oh really? why won't i do it? i need you to do some documentation for me since i will be operating another patient i won't have time for it, i can give it to him before ill start operating" he said ,,alright then! ill do the documentation" ,,good" he replied, something is gonna happen.

,,oh i almost forgot, can you please find Optimus and tell him that Ironhide won't be able to train today?" he asked, i nodded and after a short conversation i left. I have a bad feeling in my stomach that something bad is gonna happen. After telling Optimus the situation, i catched up with Jolt and helped him with few injured soldiers. Just small stitches or handing out painkillers, nothing amazing.

-Ratchet's pov-

I walked down the hall with Ironhide's laptop in one of my hands, i'm furious. Why won't he leave her be?! 'i hope he get's out of my medbay out soon' i growled silently.

I opened the doors of the patient room and closed them behind me ,,here is your laptop" i said and placed it onto the small table next to the bed he was laying on ,,i thought Nerissa is gonna-" before he finished i cut him off ,, well you thought wrong!" 

,,what crawled up your tailpipe and died there Ratchet? this isn't you!" he snarled and sat up, i crossed my arms ,,my tailpipe? don't act stupid Ironhide you know why im here!" i said, trying to calm down in my head. He looked away for a while and then looked back with a smirk on his face ,,Because of Nerissa right? i can't believe it Ratchet, you like her!" he wasn't far from truth.

A few weeks ago before we got into the fight, i told him that i kinda like Nerissa. She is kind, hardworking... I can't describe her with words. Before her there were many assistants, doctors, nurses, but i fired all of them, they always messed up something that was really important.

,,yes i do! that's why you'll stay away from her" i snapped and slammed the doors shut. 

As i was storming down the halls i accidentally bumped into Nerissa when she was carrying some papers. All of them went flying around like snowflakes in winter. ,,I'm so sorry, are you okay?" i said, laying my hand on her shoulder. ,, yea im fine, it's okay" she said and smiled like an angel. I picked up some of the papers and gave them to her. We both stood up, she raised her eyebrow slighly. ,,you seem like you haven't slept for a while" she said.

It's true, i didn't. I don't have much time for sleeping. ,,i didn't, i have too much work to do" i said and rubbed the back of my neck. ,,you know what, ill handle it here for a few hours. How about you will take a nap before we will go on that dinner together?" she said. ,,no i can't i-" ,,nu-uh, no way you're getting out of this, Come on" she cut me off, grabbed my hand and led me back to my office. My face was getting hot... Butterflies were dancing in my stomach.. what is wrong with me?

Nerissa opened the doors of my office and i followed her inside. She sat me down on the sofa, i felt like i was hypnotized, suddenly i snapped out of it when she threw my blaket at me. I sometimes took a little naps in my office. ,,you will rest, and ill do the work." she said, i sighed and took my shoes off. I know i won't be able to talk myself out of it.

,,thank you" i said, she smiled, crouched down and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and enjoyed every second of it. When she pulled away and left to do the work in medbay i laid down and closed my eyes. Letting my mind slip to Nerissa.