4. Day Off

I rolled in the bed onto my right side, looking out of the window. Sun was already shinning outside with a few little clouds flowing around.

I threw the sheets off of my body and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I made my way to my wardrobe, taking out dark blue working pants and black top.

Slowly i made my way to the bathroom, placing my clothes onto the washer and throwing my dirty clothes into the basket for clothes to wash. I stepped into the shower and turned on the water, letting the sleepiness wash away from my body. I had alot of work to do today, and since i have a day off, ill use it to repair the fence and clean up the stables.

After a shower and my daily routine, i walked by the fence to find the damaged parts of it and repair them.
After a few minutes i found a plank on the floor. I picked it up and from my pocket i fished out few nails and put holding them in my mouth. Succesfully i got the plank back on its original place and repaired a few more details.

It was around 10am when i finished repairing the fence, there wasnt much of the damages thankfully. I opened the doors of the tack room and placed the nails, hammer, and other things into the box and putting it back into the cabinet. I took off my working boots and pulled on an old pair of sneakers, picking up a shovel and a bucket i made my way to the stalls and started cleaning them up.

- Ironhide's pov. -

I threw the towel into the washer and walked into my room, pulling on a fresh set of clothes. I laid down on my bed, put my hands behind my head and lost myself in thoughts.

This war is going on for long. Way too long. I lost my comrades and also my loved one out there! Chromia was my light in the darkness, she could always cheer me up and make me feel happy.
She got killed by decepticons a few months before we got to the earth. Now im here.

My thoughts got interrupted by my phone buzzing. I sat up and picked it up, it was a message from Prowl.
Some of my soldiers i train went to beat up someone in the medbay, i dont know who beat up who but for sure i wont be nice today.

I pulled on my shoes and walked into the medbay, Ratchet was already patching up the beat up soldier and the other two stood aside.

Prowl walked up to me but i passed him and marched my way to those two. I stood infront of them, they both had their heads low, knowing whats gonna happen next.

,, do you even know what have you done? You atracked an injured soldier who was off duty!" i growled, eyeing them both.

,, but he humiliated us at the training" one of them said, Frank was his name.
,, yea he did! He told us the training is in the training room 4 and-"
"bullshit! " i raised my voice.
"he didnt do anything to you both so shit up and tell me why you did it or there will be consequences!" i growled. They both had their heads down, not answering ,,okay so if it will be like this, i will sign in papers to kick you out the NEST team, ive had enough! Both of you!" i said and watched their schocked faces.

"but you cant kick us out just for this!" Frank said, shock and concern written all over his face. I know he worked hard to get this job ,, of course i can! Go pack your stuff, youre leaving tomorrow! " i yelled and pointed at the doors of the medbay. They both left, scowling under their breaths, man these soldiers are driving me crazy sometimes.

,, you didn't have to be so rude you know" Prowl said and walked up to me ,,youre serious about kicking them out? " i looked at him ,, of course i am, they caused enough trouble" he nodded and walked away.

I made a phone call to lennox to let him know about it, he agreed.
I sighed, my thoughts travelled to Nerissa. She is a nice girl, not like other female soldiers on the base.
She didnt had two pounds of makeup on her face, she didn't wear too revealing clothes. She is amazing by the way she is.

I turned around and wanted to walk back into my room but Ratchet's voice stopped me ,, where do you think youre going?" he said and crossed his arms. I turned back and crossed my arms too ,, back to my room, why do you care?" i replied, was something wrong? ,, you know what i wanna talk about" i raised my brow ,, you and Nerissa" now it made sense. ,,oh you mean me and her hanging out, so? Got any problem with that? " i asked, Ratchet trying was burning me down with his glaring.
,,leave my nurse alone Ironhide"

I chuckled ,, your nurse aye?" i laughed. He got triggered and lunged for me. We hit each other and yelled at each other nasty comments but who cares now, he acts like he owns that femme.

Jolt and Dino ran into the medbay and separated us ,,stop it guys! Whats going on?" Dino yelled, stopping our argument. ,, everyone calm down" Jolt said while holding down Ratchet.

,, is someone gonna tell me what happened or why yall started fightin?"
Dino asked ,,no one is gonna asnwer?" 
,,Ratchet is jealous of me because i hung out with his nurse" i growled while watching him. ,,what? Im not jealous! Im just trying to protect her from you" he snapped while struggling to get out of jolt's grip.

,, because of that femme you started fightin, really?" no one answered Jolt, i didnt wanted to talk about it anymore. They let us go and i immediately stormed out of the medbay.

I slammed the doors of the training room and started hitting the punching bag. Who does he think he is? Just because of me hanging out with his new nurse he is gonna be jealous?
If i remember right he still has a sparkmate somewhere in the universe, but who knows if she even lives.

After a few hours i stepped out of the shower with a towel around my waist,
I pulled on my boxers and clean shirt.

Falling into the bed was the best thing that could happen today. Finally falling asleep and letting my mind take over my thoughts.

-Nerrisa's pov -

"Good boy Casper!" i patted his neck and slid out of the saddle. I Took off his tack and kicked him a bucket with dinner, which he happily dug into.
After washing the bit, i put the tack back into its original place and walked back to the stalls. Taking the empty bucket i patted Casper's head and closed the stall.

I picked up my clothes and walked to the doors of the stables. Before walking out i glanced back at the horses inside the stalls, everyone was getting ready for sleep. I smiled and closed the doors. When i came inside the house i put the clothes into the bathroom and started boiling some water. While dressing up into clean clothes i thought about which book should i read this evening.

After getting the tea and a little snack ready, i took it out with the book on the porch of the house and sat down, making myself comfortable, Covering myself in a soft blanket. Picking up the book i studied the cover, name of the book was "save my heart" by Annabelle.

Once in a while i took a sip of my strawberry tea and a bite of a cookie.
I sighed and took a look around, the sun was already going down, i like this wiev. I like this life. This is what i needed.