5. Finding Out

I parked in front of the NEST base, hopping out. I straightened my uniform before stepping inside, taking a deep breath. I am excited to work here, it was my dream to work as a medic on a military base. But it got even better when i found out i joined a military base full of aliens from another planet.

I entered the medbay, immediately making my way to Ratchet, who stood at one of the examination tables.
,, Good morning Ratchet!" i said, stopping at other side of the table.
He looked up ,,Good morning Nerissa, how are you doin?" he said while preparing some things ,,good, how are you? " ,, good for now" he replied, i chuckled ,,for now? What are you doin? " i asked ,, we have to give shots to quite alot soldiers at the base" he said, placing the small box of bandaids on the table.

,, you can give shots right?" i nodded. He gave me a small smile ,, alright then, you will be giving shots in the examination room B, we will start at 9 o'clock. Here is the list of soldiers you will give shots to, also those who have a red dot at their names are missing Adenovirus vaccine. A box with the vaccine is in the examination room already" he said and handed me a clipboard with names of soldiers on it, i also noticed few autobots were there ,,we should end around 12am i hope, i dont wanna deal with some of the soldiers" he said while rolling his eyes. I chuckled, amused. We spoke with each other for a while before i had to go. 

The smell of desinfection hit my nose as i stepped inside the examination room. I put the clipboard on a little table next to the examination bed. While opening the box of Adenovirus vaccine i pulled out a little plastic basket and placed the bottles, needles, syringes and a few bandaids inside. I did the same with shots. Placing the two baskets in shelves of the table. After a few minutes i could hear a little commotion outside,' 8:55' the clock were showing. I washed my hands to keep them clean, in the meanwhile a soldier poked his head inside ,,hi um.. im here for the shot" he said ,,i know come inside and sit down" i said and pulled on a pair of gloves, then i prepared the injection with shot and cleaned a place where ill be injecting. I took the safely cover off the needle and pushed the air out ,,stay still and relax, okay?" i said, he nodded and i injected his arm.

After pulling out the needle from his arm, i covered the little wound with bandaid and throwed the injection into a bin. ,,youre free to go, send another one in" i said, he quietly thanked and left. After i did few soldiers an autobot appeared, Dino exacly. ,,Buongiorno Bellezza" he said while smirking. ,, good morning to you too Dino" i laughed and pulled on a new pair of gloves.       I also noticed that Dino had a red dot at his name so i prepared both injections ,,i thought ill get only one shot" he said ,,you have a red dot at your name which means you need another vaccine" i said, he groaned and rolled his eyes ,,damn i thought Ratchet would forget about it!" i laughed and gave him both injections, then covering the small wounds created by the needles with bandaids ,,you're free to go, no hard work for 6 hours" i said, he nodded and pulled on his leather jacket.

,,by the way do you know what happened?" i turned around ,,what are you talking about?" i said, getting suspicious. ,,that Ratchet and Ironhide had an argument and fought each other" i raised my eyebrows ,,what?why the hell would those two fight each other? " Dino shifted a bit on his spot ,,because of you, Ratchet wasnt happy that you were hanging out with Ironhide" ,,are you serious? because i hung out with Ironhide?" he nodded ,, i was there, i held Ironhide and Jolt held Ratchet" i rubbed my forehead. ,,okay um.. thank you for telling me that, ill try to solve it somehow" i said ,,youre welcome but i dont think its a good idea to talk about it with them, i dont think they even want you to know it" he said, then his phone beeped ,,i gotta go i have meeting in few minutes, see you later Nerissa!" he said quickly and dissapeared.

It was 11:50 and my job was done, cleaning the examination room and filling out the report took me only a few minutes. Before i knocked on the doors of Ratchet's office, my mind returned to what Dino told me. I wanted to ask Ratchet or even Ironhide about it but i think they would kill Dino if they found out he told me this.

Without hesitation i knocked and opened the doors ,,you're done?" he asked while i handed him the blue clipboard ,,yea, it went better than i expected" i said. Ratchet only nodded and sent me to go check-up on few patients. One by one i checked their vitals, asked if anything changed and made a small conversation with them since i was in no rush, before leaving i always wrote down the vitals and changes.

Walking out of the medbay made me feel kinda relaxed, i was tense the whole morning like something is gonna happen. I sat down and placed my tray on the table in suspiciously quiet cafeteria, almost no one was here. The meal tasted nice, i enjoyed the peace and quiet. Out of blue, another tray appeared in my vision. When i looked up i saw Ironhide settling himself in his seat ,,hi, i didn't notice you came" i said, he chuckled ,,hey, yea of course im a ghost now, boo!" we both started laughing. We chatted together the whole lunch break until i had to go back to the medbay to see if Ratchet needed something, Both of us made our way towards the medbay.

,,look out!" someone yelled, before i could do anything Ironhide grabbed my hips and pulled my body towards his broad one. When i opened my eyes i was laying on Ironhide who was rubbing his head from the fall. I looked up and saw that some soldiers havent paid attention and let a few boxes that were supposed to be moved away fall. I immediately crouched next to Ironhide and started checking if he was okay. ,, did you bang your head hard?" i asked him ,,kinda, it hurts like pit" he groaned, i carefully helped him up and let him use me as a support for his body.              ,,are you two okay?" i looked on the two soldiers who were now cleaning up the mess ,,yea were fine" one replied, i nodded and started walking away with Ironhide. Before i left the corridor, i could hear Lennox yell at those two.