6. Care

I opened the doors of examination room A and laid Ironhide down, i plugged him on a monitor to see his vitals, while checking them i pulled on a pair of blue gloves and started checking his head. ,,calm down Nerissa this is gonna go away" he quietly said ,,no it wont Ironhide, you banged your head pretty hard" i said while pressing some spots on his head, he hissed when i pressed on the back. ,,follow my finger" i moved my finger around and watched his eyes ,,this can be a small concussion. Do you feel dizzy? nauseous?" i looked at him ,,kinda dizzy and headache is starting to kick in" he said quietly ,,okay, ill give you some medication to make the pain go away and rest" i said and went for it. 

I set up an IV and gave him the medication, after a few minutes he fell asleep. I picked up my phone and dialed Jolt's number ,,hey Jolt are you doing anything right now?" i said while preparing Ironhide for moving him into another room ,,no im free right now, do you need anything?" he asked ,,yea i need your help with moving Ironhide into another room to rest" ,,Ironhide? did something happen?" ,,yea we had a little accident while walking to the medbay and he banged his head really hard. He has a small concussion, i treated it but i wont be able to move him all by myself. Can you please help? im in ER. A" i asked ,,man that sounds awful, ill be right there" he said and hanged up. 

Few minutes passed by and Jolt came. He changed him into medical gown and then we moved him together into patient room where he could rest. I thanked Jolt before he left, i poured some cold water onto a cloth and put it on Ironhide's forehead. After checking his vitals and making sure that he is fine i wrote it all down in medical report and made my way to the doors. Before i left i looked back to make sure everything is fine and dimmed the lights, then i closed the doors and made my way towards the main room in medbay. 

I sat down in the snow white comfortable chair and put the report into the database, before i finished Ratchet walked in. ,,what are you doing?" he asked ,,filling out a report, in patient room 7 is Ironhide with a small concussion" i replied, he snapped his head towards me ,,what happened?" ,,little accident, a few crates fell off and before i could react Ironhide grabbed me and banged his head on the floor really hard" i said and saved the report. He sighed and took the report in paper form with him ,,ill put this into his file" i nodded and wanted to walk away but his hand  on my arm stopped me ,,Nerissa can i speak with you for a minute?" i nodded and turned around ,, i- wanna have dinner with me tomorrow evening? i would like to get to know you better" he said while rubbing his head, obviously nervous. ,,sure! id like to get to know you better too" i replied with a smile, he smiled back ,,alright, 6pm in autobot hangar, no excuses" Ratchet said ,,why would i excuse myself from dinner with my boss?" we laughed together.

,,well i gotta go, i have an operation" he said ,,alright, have a nice evening Ratchet. My shift will end soon" ,,you too" i smiled and wrapped my arms around him, he froze for a second before hugging me back. We separated and waved each other goodbye before walking away. I walked back to the room where Ironhide was laying to check up on him, he should sleep the whole night and wake up around 5am. His vitals were fine and had no temperature. I left the room and made my way to my car.

I hopped in and drove out of the NEST base, stopping by at starbucks and ordering my favorite coffee. ,,Nerissa right?" i looked up ,,yea, youre Sideswipe right?" ,, yea how do you know me?" he asked and sat down infront of me ,,Ironhide told me something about you" i replied ,,oh really? i swear even people who i dont know are on the base know about me" he said, i chuckled. ,, yea i know how you feel i had the same back in secondary school".

I enjoyed my time in starbucks with Sideswipe before he had to go back to the base. I pulled onto the property and cut off the engine. Immediately i ran inside and changed my clothes. I walked outside and opened the gate, letting the horses home. The stable was already cleaned up. I closed all the doors of the stalls but left one open. i picked up a brush from grooming box next to the stall and started grooming Aztec. I put his bridle on him and hopped on bareback, from saddle next to the stall i picked up my western hat and gave the chocolate brown horse a hint to go.

We walked to one of the huge open fields, it was a pleasant wiev. The sun was going down, creating a beautiful sight. I got off his back and let him eat some grass, in the meanwhile i was observing the beauty around me. 

Few hours passed and we were back home... I turned on the water and let the tub fill up with warm water. I placed some snacks on a little table next to my laptop and lighted up few candles. I turned off the light and let the robe fall off of my body, when i stepped into the warm water i felt like all of my problems and stress flowed away. I relaxed in the tub and listened to the movie that was playing on my laptop. I picked up a strawberry from the bowl and put it in my mouth while watching the movie, today i decided to watch a romantic comedy, in some scenes i imagined myself and Ratchet, i cant explain why.. I got out of the tub when the movie ended and cleaned everything up. I walked upstairs and fell into my bed, immediately falling asleep. I cant wait for tomorrow.