1.3

Once Bill, Nina and Richie had figured out who was going to contact who about Bev's sudden kidnapping, they split up, with plans to meet on the corner of Neibolt Street. Richie had to call Mike and Eddie, while Bill fetched Stan and Nina went off to find Ben. However, she decided to take a quick detour to pick up a weapon that would help them.

Upon arriving home, she sprinted through the front door and thundered upstair, hardly being bothered enough to check if anyone was home before hand. Hurrying down the hall, Nina bursted into Jack's room and looked around frantically, unfortunately not taking notice of the fact that Jack was laying on his bed, peering over his magazine curiously at Nina, who was now knee deep in his dirty clothes and looking around for the weapon.

"What're you doing?" he finally asked, causing Nina to jump in fright. She looked up at him with a sheepish grin.

"Uh, would it be okay if I borrowed your nail bat?" she enquired. "I just have a pretty urgent thing that requires it."

"Are you going to tell me what it's for or..." Jack asked expectantly, raising a brow.

"It's hard to explain," Nina sighed awkwardly, beginning to get impatient. "Look, can I have the damn bat or not."

Jack hesitated for a second before giving her a slow nod.

"Fine," he sighed. "It's in the back of the wardrobe."

"Thanks, Jackie," Nina grinned, disappearing into the closet for a moment to retrieve the bat. "I'll take good care of it."

"You better," Jack snapped. "Steve gave me that. And maybe just keep this between us. You know Mom would kill me if she found out a let you use my nail bat."

"You got it," Nina smirked, winking at her older brother and dashing out of the room once more. She needed to find Ben, and pronto.