0.7

The following morning, Nina and the others cycled quickly over to Bev's place, due to an urgent emergency that couldn't be avoided no matter how tired you were. They pulled up outside the block of flats. Bev hurried down the stairs and over to them.

"You made it," she sighed, as Nina dumped her bike on the ground. "I... I need to show you something."

"What is it?" Ben asked in concern.

"More than we saw at the quarry?" Richie joked.

"Shut up!" Eddie exclaimed. "Just shut up, Richie."

"My dad will kill me if he finds out I had boys in the apartment," Bev told us all.

"Then we'll leave a lookout," Nina nodded. "Richie, stay here."

The others parked their bikes as well and they all began to follow Bev up the hill and towards the apartment stairs, except for Richie.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Richie exclaimed. "What if her dad comes back?"

"Do what you always do," Stan called to him. "Start talking."

"It is a gift," Richie sighed.

Nina entered Bev's apartment first, stepping back for Bev to take the lead, as she didn't know her way around. It was dark as not too many curtains were open. They were lead down a dark hallway towards a door.

"In there," she said nervously.

"What is it?" Stan asked.

"You'll see."

"Are you taking us to your bathroom?" Eddie asked anxiously. "I just want you to know that 89% of the worst accidents in homes are caused in bathrooms. And, I mean, that's where all the bacteria and fungi are and it's not a really sanitary place..."

"Eddie, just calm down," Nina muttered to him. He nodded, trying to take some deep breaths. Bill opened the door and Eddie instantly started panicking again.

"I knew it!" Eddie gagged. The entire bathroom was splattered head to toe in blood. The windows, the toilet, the bathtub, the sink. Blood was running down the walls.

"You see it?" Bev asked.

"Yes," Eddie said in disgust.

"How can we not see it?" Nina muttered. "It looks like someone died in here."

"What happened in here?" Stan asked timidly.

"My dad couldn't see it," Bev continued. "I thought I might be crazy."

"Well, if you're crazy, then we're all crazy," Ben assured her.

"We have to clean this place up," Nina said firmly, rolling her eyes as the others groaned.

"Nina's r-right, we can't l-leave it like this," said Bill. They all went and grabbed some cleaning supplies out of the cupboard, before getting to work. Bev scrubbed the mirror, while Stan did the window, Bill mopped the floor, Nina scrubbed at the walls and the others worked on the floor. Eddie groaned and Nina glanced at him to see his inhaler shoved in his mouth as he rinsed a sponge before continuing. After about an hour, the bathroom was looking spick and span. Bill and Nina stayed behind a little to empty the buckets of bloody water into the bath.

"Th-The fourth of July f-f-festival i-is tomorrow," Bill suggested. "I thought w-we could all g-go."

"That's a great idea," Nina smiled, running the water in the bath to get rid of some of the excess blood. "It's like the only interesting thing that happens around here."

"Y-Yeah," Bill chuckled.

The pair talked a little more until Stan came to the door, frowning at them both.