1.4

Once Nina, Bill and Richie had rallied the rest of the losers club, the group set off to the house on Neibolt Street. Nina felt her fear soon become overtaken by a confidence which she hadn't had before. They were prepared. They were together. What could possibly stop them.

They soon arrived at the front of 29 Neibolt Street and started preparing themselves for battle. While standing in the front yard, Eddie unbuckled his fanny pack and threw it as hard as he could. While Bill put together his spikes and Nina swung her nail bat around for a bit of practice, Richie spotted an old beer bottle on the ground. Picking it up, he tried smashing it against the rail to make a weapon of some sport. Nina looked over with a fright, raising an amused brow at the remainder of the bottle, which rested in Richie's hand. As the bottle had broken too much, Richie simply tossed it away. The others started walking into the house and Nina followed close behind, walking near the front with Bill. However, once they had all gotten through the front door, they realised that someone was not with them.

"Stan?" Nina asked calmly, turning around and looking at her friend in concern.

"Stan, w-we all have to g-go," Bill told him, but Stan didn't move a muscle.

"Bev was right," Nina sighed. "If we split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one. But if we stick together, all of us, we'll win. I promise. I won't let anything happen to you."

Stan eventually gave in and followed them inside. They moved through the house and down to the basement room where Bill had gone last time, sticking together as they were meant to. They gathered around a large well, looking down into the deep, dark tunnel.

"Hey, Eddie, you got a quarter?" Richie joked.

"I wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing," Eddie muttered darkly. Ben peered into the well as well.

"Beverly?" He called, his voice echoing around the well. Richie turned and looked at him as if to ask him if he was serious.

"How are we supposed to get down there?" Mike asked. Bill looked around to see a lengthy rope laying on the ground. Nina quickly grabbed it and tied it to a pulley above the well. 

After making sure it was secure, Bill went down first, slowly and cautiously descending into the well. He stopped when he got to a big hole in the wall and climbed in. One by one, they all moved down the rope. Mike and Nina still stood at the top, waiting to go down. Ben went down the rope, almost slipping when he got to the bottom.

"Guys, guys. Help," he squeaked, as Bill and Richie pulled him into the passage. Nina went next, her shaky, sweaty palms gripping the rope tightly as she inched down. Her heart pounded against her chest as she slipped a little. Nina's bat was attached to her back with a strap. Just as she was about to get to the passage, the bat slipped. It was a chain reaction. After the bat slipped, Nina let go with one hand to grab it. She then lost her balance and her foot slipped. Nina slid down the rope, a little way past the hole where the others were waiting for her. She let out a short shrieked, her free hand clung tightly to the rope and she wrapped her legs around it.

"Help!" Nina yelled. "Fuck! Help me!"

"Give us the bat," Ben yelled. Nina passed it up to him. Bill then grabbed her hand, trying to use as much of his strength to keep her steady.

"Guys!"

One by one, Nina felt more shaky hands grab onto her arm. She tried to inch my way up the rope, still holding to the others and clinging to the rope. Just as she went to get into the hole, her foot slipped on the edge and she fell against the wall, clinging to the others as they tried to hold her up.
"Jeez Nina," Richie joked. "You weigh a ton."
"Thanks, Rich," Nina glared. "But, do you just mind saving the comments on my weight for later and help me up before I plummet to my death?"

After a long struggle, she was finally pulled up and into the passage. Gasping in relief, Nina clung to Bill, still shaking in panic. They all looked up as Mike began to climb down the rope. However, before he could make his way down the rope, he yelled and was pulled back.

"Mike!" They yelled, looking up the well to see where he had gone. As they looked up, Bowers appeared at the top of well. His face was covered with dried blood, and Nina could see something almost psychopathic in his eyes. He laughed weirdly, as the group yelled for Mike to see if he was okay. He then grabbed the top of the rope and began to pull it up.

"No, no, no!" Stan shouted. "Grab it!"

"Get the rope!" Eddie squealed. "Get the rope!"

"Oh, shit," Nina muttered, as no one was able to grab it before Bowers pulled it up.

"Mike!" Bill yelled.

"Mike!" Richie repeated. "Leave him alone!"

Bowers voice echoed around from above us. Nina couldn't quite catch what he was saying, but knew it was bad. Especially when it was followed by some bump and a lot of grunting.

"Mike!"

"I-I should get up there," Bill began.

"Are you insane?!" Eddie exclaimed, as they all had to hold him back. "With what?!"

There was a bit more yelling. All of a sudden, somebody fell down the well. With a scream, he fell past us and disappeared into the dark.

"Holy shit!" Richie screamed. Nina pointed the flashlight back to the top of the well, where Mike appeared.

"Mike!"

"Are you alright!" Nina shouted.

"I'm okay," he assured them. They all sighed with relief. While he reloaded his gun, he put the extra ammo on the side of the well. But, the ammo slide off the well and fell in. Nina reached out and tried to grab it, but it fell past her reach.

"Guys, where's Stan?"