Chapter Sixteen

"Ugh...school," I groaned, slamming my ringing alarm clock's dismiss button. I sat up lazily and pushed my hair out of my face. I climbed out of bed and stretched, popping my back. I made up my bed then walked into my bathroom and took a quick shower.

I dried off and put on my clothes. I straightened my hair and put on some eyeliner and mascara. I looked in the mirror to make sure I looked okay and when I was satisfied I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

I grabbed my tea and kissed my dad on the cheek goodbye and grabbed my keys. I closed the house door and got in my car, driving off to North Marion.

•~~

"Nathaniel," I heard a voice shout. I turned to see Natalia and I waved. She caught up to me and started walking to class.

"Where's Carson and Lacey?" I asked.

"Lacey is with Josh, obvious," she began, "and Carson caught the flu, so she's at home."

I frowned when I heard Carson was sick and made a mental note to go visit her. Me and Natalia walked into the classroom and took our usually sitting place, chatting. Lacey finally arrived and we all talked.

​Ms. Soriano finally arrived (for Nathaniel's new schedule go to chapter seven) and we began our Spanish lesson. It was kind of boring, considering I already knew Spanish and it seemed to bore Natalia too.

Finally, the bell rang and we left the classroom. I walked to my locker and exchanged my Spanish book for my Speech binder and walked to class.

•~~

"Austin, did you do the Biology homework?" Neil whispered to Austin. I rolled my eyes and looked at them both when Austin shook his head.

"Do you guys ever do your homework?" I asked.

"Nope," Neil said, popping the 'p'. I stuck my tongue out and gave them my paper. They scribbled the answers down and finished just in time as Mr. Baker walked into the class.

"Get out your homework. I'll be checking today," he said, pulling his wooden clipboard out that contained our names and grades. As he was checking me, Austin and Neil talked about random shit and Austin mentioned that his band has a gig in 3 days.

​After Mr. Baker was done checking the homework, the group presentations we'd been paired up for continued. Basically, Mr. Baker assigned us into groups to teach the class about different systems of the body so he wouldn't have to teach for the next two months and since we don't have an End of Course testing for Biology II no body is really paying attention and getting the quiz answers for the group members.

After a hour, the lunch bell finally rang and we all left for lunch. We walked into the lunch room and grabbed our food, sitting at the table with all our friends. I sat between Jeremy and Lacey. Josh was beside Lacey and between Austin. In front of Jeremy was Neil and beside Neil was Alex and then in front of Lacey was Natalia and then Andrew.

While we were eating the principal asked all the seniors to come over and write down our sizes and heights for graduation gowns and that reminded me of Jeremy's band getting signed. I turned around and looked for Josh.

"Josh? When are you guys leaving for Georgia?" I asked.

"In two weeks," he started, "but we'll be back for graduation."

"Oh," I said.

Once lunch was over, I dumped my tray and went back to 3rd period with Austin and Neil.

Did Jeremy plan on telling me that they were going to leave in two fucking weeks?

•~~

After school I grabbed the books necessary for the homework assignments I had for today and stuffed them into my bookbag. I walked down the hallway and saw Jeremy talking to Alex. He saw me and ran over.

"Nate, wait up!"

I ignored him and walked outside to the parking lot and towards my car. I felt him grab my wrist and I yanked away and turned to him.

"What's your problem?" Jeremy asked, frowning.

"When were you going to tell me you were leaving in two fucking weeks to go to Georgia? Where you just going to leave and not tell me? I could find out on my own when you suddenly disappear? Fuck that," I yelled and turned away, getting into my car and driving off.

I made it home and parked in my driveway. I huffed and angrily pushed my hair out of my face. I rested my elbows on the steering wheel and just broke down crying in my car.

•~~

Wowie drama. Hope you liked this chapter and if you have some ideas feel free to share! When this story is over, I do plan on making a sequel but don't worry this story is over yet! Or is it?