Chapter Fourteen

"GUUUUUUUUYS!!!" Neil said screaming down the hallway of North Marion, getting attention from everyone. I rolled my eyes, poking Jeremy and pointed at the still running Neil.

He finally got to us and shoved a paper in Jeremy's face. Jeremy read it and his jaw dropped.

"Seriously, we got signed already?! How?!"

"He came to see us at a gig two weeks go. We weren't suppose to do anything until the summer," Neil said, still in shock and slightly out of breath from running.

"You guys got sign?" I asked, my eyes widening. Jeremy nodded and smiled. I squealed and jumped around, causing Neil to jump around with me and Jeremy shaking his head in disapproval.

I stopped jumping, "When do you guys go down there though?"

Me and Jeremy looked over at Neil. Neil frowned and mumbled.

"What?" I asked.

"We leave in a month," he said. I gasped.

"We graduate in two months! You can't leave now," I protested. Neil sighed and shook his head.

"I can talk to him and see if we can get it changed but I don't know," he said and I looked at Jeremy and he gave me a sympathetic look.

•~~

Jeremy and I were at the park, walking around and talking. What happened today at school was in my head and I was worried that if I didn't go with them that Jeremy would break up with me.

"Are you okay Nathaniel?" Jeremy asked, breaking my thoughts. I looked up at him and nodded slightly.

"Nate, seriously tell me what's wrong," he said, stopping in front of me. I felt my eyes well up and I shut them before the tears fell.

"I don't want you to leave and I know if you leave a month earlier than planned...I can't go with you. I need to graduate."

"We'll work it out Nathaniel. Don't worry about that, we're going to try to get them to change the time but we can't guarantee it'll work out like we want it to."

I nodded and Jeremy hugged me tightly, rubbing my back gently. I nuzzled against his chest, not wanting to let go, scared that he'll walk away. I sighed and moved away slightly.

"Jeremy?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Yeah?"

"We'll be together always, right?" I asked, holding out my pinkie finger.

"Right," he said, latching our pinkies together.