Chapter Thirteen

It's been two days since Jeremy was injured. They took him to the hospital and performed surgery because when he was beaten up, his appendix ruptured, so that's out. I was with Neil and Alex in the car getting readying to go visit a still hospitalized Jeremy. I sat in the back of the car silently with my head leaning against the window. Alex and Neil were talking about something with music playing in the background but I didn't care.

We finally made it to the hospital. I practically jumped out of the car and ran inside to Jeremy's room. I opened the door gently, not sure if he was asleep or not. Once the door was fully open I saw that Josh and Tom were here too. I waved at them and turned to Jeremy, awake and sitting up. I smiled, waving. He waved back and motioned for me to come closer with his hand.

I walked up to his bed and sat down beside him. He grabbed my hand and started playing with my fingers. I saw the guys get up and leave the room, closing the door.

"Hey," I said, voice cracking more than I thought.

"Hi," he said, intertwining fingers together.

"How are you feeling?"

Jeremy shrugged, "Could be better but the pain has subsided, so that's good, right?"

I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder. He placed a light kiss on my head, causing me blush.

"When do you leave?" I asked, anxiously.

"Hmm, I'm not sure yet. The doctor hasn't came to see me today." I nodded and we continued to talk until all the guys came back in.

Alex and Neil came up to Jeremy and patted him on the shoulder and chatted for a while before they settled on the couch with Tom and Josh. We talked for awhile about random things until a man came in. He had a white lab jacket on over his khaki pants, button up shirt and tie. He had short brown hair that had too much gel in it and carried a clipboard.

"Mr. McKinnon, how are you feeling?"

"I feel pretty good," Jeremy said, shrugging. The doctor nodded in response and I moved out the way so the doctor could inspect him. I sat beside Josh, leaning my head on his shoulder as we watched the doctor check Jeremy out.

The doctor wrote something down on his clipboard and nodded, seeming impressed...you could say. He walked out of the room for a split second and peeked back in.

"Mr. McKinnon, you are free to go," he said, smiling and leaving for good. We all cheered and left so Jeremy could put on some actually clothes. I walked to the front desk and signed him out and once Jeremy was ready, we left.

•~~

We all walked into Jeremy's house and was welcomed by Jer's mom. She hugged Jeremy lightly and smiled.

"Are you okay?" she asked, crinkling her forhead and knitting her eyebrows together. Jeremy chuckled and nodded. The guys said they had to leave, so they said goodbye and left. Jeremy and I walked to his bedroom and he laid down on his bed, patting a empty space beside.

I walked over and laid beside him, snuggling up to get warm. Jeremy wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed the top of my head. We did say much, just comfortable in silence and I started to fall asleep...