Chapter Three

Its been two months since I've started school. The Blondie known as Emma has still been bullying me but she can't shake me. Jeremy got suspended from school because he got into a fight and since it was Saturday I decided to go see him.

I hopped off the couch and walked into my bathroom and took a quick shower. I dried off and ran into my room, looking for clothes to wear. I found the perfect outfit and put it on, slipping on my shoes. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs to see my brother with my dad.

My brother is in college at the University of Florida, he comes to visit on the weekends. I smiled and hugged him from behind.

"Mi hermano," I squealed. I heard him chuckle and he turned to hug me.

"What's up Natty?" Brian asked.

"Not much, going to see a friend," I said. He nodded and ruffled my hair. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my keys.

"I'll be back later," I yelled and left the house, jumping into my car and backing out the driveway.

•~~

I pulled up at Jeremy's house and noticed about four other cars. I got out of my car and walked up to the front door. I knocked on their maroon painted wooden door and waited for someone to answer. A lady with medium length brown hair wearing a button down shirt and some slacks opened the door.

"Hello, I'm Nathaniel, I came to visit Jeremy. Is he here?" I asked politely.

"Oh, you're the girl Jeremy talks about all the time!" she exclaimed happily, "Come in Nathaniel."

He talks about me?

I walked in and sat down on their leather couch. I looked around their house. It was very nice looking. Jeremy's mother sat beside me and she asked me random questions. After about 10 minutes, Jeremy walked in the living room.

"Mom, you've had Natty captive in here the whole time," he said and motioned for me to follow him. I stood up and said goodbye to Mrs. McKinnon and followed Jeremy to what seemed to be his basement. There was Neil, Josh, Alex and another guy I hadn't met.

"Nate!!!" the other three yelled. I giggled and waved.

"Hey guys," I said, they all put their instruments down and hugged me together.

"Guys...I can't breathe," I squealed, "Jeremy help me!"

The guys finally let go and laughed at me when I dramatically fell to the ground. I looked at the guy who I didn't know.

"Hi I'm Nathaniel! What's your name?" I asked.

"I'm Tom, nice to meet you Nathaniel," he said, smiling kindly. I sat up and looked at them all.

"Are you guys in a band?" I asked quizzically. They all nodded and I 'ooo'.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"A Day to Remember," Tom answered and I nodded. I asked them to play a song for me. I sat in the empty chair in front of them and they got in their respective places, Jeremy front and center as their singer.

This is for you (this is for you).

You're the one worth waiting for.

You're all I ever needed in this life.

Let's take a look back, so we can see,

What it took to bring us here and we're

So reminded of better days,

When we were both happy.

This is for you (this is for you).

You're the one worth waiting for.

You're all I ever needed in this life.

[x2]

Words can't express,

the impact you've made on me,

And -- in my entire life.

And all I can say is that I love you,

For everything it turned out to be.

This is for you (this is for you).

You're the one worth waiting for.

You're all I ever needed in this life.

[x2]

Cause I try,

So hard to make this right (right).

You've got my back on the wall.

After all you've put me through,

My friends still stay true.

[x2]

Your reign is over,

Why couldn't you prove me wrong?

[x2]

"That was awesome," I said, clapping excitedly and cheering. They laughed and Neil said something that made me curious.

"He wrote it for a special someone," he said, wiggling his eyebrows. Jeremy glared at him and slapped his arm hard. Neil screeched and I laughed. They continued practicing and after about a hour or so Tom, Alex and Josh had to leave. It was just me, Neil and Jeremy now. We decided to go out for ice cream since I begged them.

We said goodbye to Mrs. McKinnon and left the house.

•~~

At the ice cream shop, I got a huge waffle cone with Cookies n' Cream ice cream. Neil and Jeremy were losers and just got Chocolate ice cream. We walked around looking inside random stores until we came across a park. I had finished my ice cream a few minutes ago and ran to the swings, landing on my stomach on the swing seat. I swung that way for a while until Neil sat on me. This led to me chasing him around the park and Jeremy laughed at us.

"THIS ISN'T OVER WESTFALL!" I screamed. I fell on the grass and looked up at the sky. Jeremy did the same and we talked while Neil spotted some "hot chicks" walk by.

"So, your mom said you talk about me a lot," I said, smirking. He blushed and looked away.

"Aw, don't look away. You're cute when you blush," I spilled out and I clasped my mouth shut. Jeremy looked at me, shocked.

Did I really just say that?

"Guys it's getting dark, we should go," Neil yelled. We stood up and left.

•~~

"Bye guys, it was fun today," I said, smiling. The boys agreed and we said our goodbyes. I got in my car and drove home. I pulled up to my house and walked inside.

"I'm home," I yelled.

"Natty!" Brian yelled, running downstairs.

"Dad at work?" I asked, he nodded.

"Emergency surgery at the hospital," he said and I nodded.

We decided on having a movie night so Brian ordered pizza and I got changed into some pjs. We put in John Carpenter's Halloween and sat down watching it. The pizza came and we ate it quickly, not looking away from the TV.

Halfway through the fourth movie my eyes started to droop and I fell asleep next Brian....