Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Oh, my god," was the first thing that came out of my mouth. Yes, right now, I could take in the fact that Thaddeus had tripped over the twine, but I just wished he wasn't covered in blood. I ran to him helping him up in a panic and bringing him to a nearby bathroom.

"Scarlett, you're safe. I thought they had you and-" Thaddeus started but I interrupted him.

"Stay here, I can hold them off, I don't want you to get anymore hurt than you already are, I-"

"I'm not staying here," he growled out.

"You need to, you could die out there!"

"I have a pack to take care of Scarlett," he said angrily.

"So this pack is worth your life?"

"Yes," he replied.

"Even if it means I have to live without you?" I yelled at him.

He looked stunned before answering. "Scarlett, I'm not going to die."

"Really? And how are you so sure?"

"I have a pack and you to protect so stop being a bitch and let me be an Alpha," he growled at me.

"Fine, if you're going, I'm coming with you," but he easily ignored me. I could hear frenzied footsteps downstairs and screams all over. Thaddeus pushed past me and slammed the door shut behind him, making sure it locked.

"Fine! Die out there! See if I care!" I yelled indignantly, pounding my fists like a mad woman against the door. Angry tears slid down my cheeks and I angrily pulled at the roots of my hair. I didn't get why he had to be so stubborn, sometimes he acts as if the mate pull has no effect on him and it drives me nuts.

I looked around for an escape route to kick ass, and calm my wolf's anxiety and my anger down. I easily found a window and opened it. I jumped out, landing on my two feet on the ground. I looked over at the battlefield, seeing that our pack was greatly winning and the rogues were completely outnumbered. For the first time in forever, I shifted into my wolf. Her white pure coat stood out and she sprinted, seeming a little more careful and reluctant to fight. Something caught my eye. I looked to the right and saw a familiar wolf, except he was on the rogue side. Gold with bright blue eyes and right when our eyes made contact, he ran.

Jason.

Angry, my wolf hounded him down, nipping him at his ankles forcing him to trip over himself.

What do you want? he snarled through our mindlink.

What do I want? I want to know why the hell my brother who died, and called me for help, then mysteriously hung up, is helping a team of rogues! I shouted back. The mindlink was very weak because of how distant I had been with my family, and more specifically, him.

He shook his head as an evil smirk played on his wolf lips. I stepped back a little bit; watching his every move carefully.

Scarlett, you don't understand. I want power and I'm going to get it.

***

The constant beat of the heart monitor was what was keeping me awake. I looked over at Thaddeus, my hand was wrapped up in his. I sighed running my hand through his now damp black hair. I started to remember what had happened when I got back from my encounter with Jason. He was leading the rogues, I mean, I think he was. Isn't that what he meant when he said he wanted power? I don't even know. I replayed how this all happened, all I remembered was running back and seeing that all the rogues had been chased away, or willingly left. I looked on the battlefield and my eyes went wide, in my wolf form, if that even is possible. I ran over to where all the doctors were and saw Thaddeus' body lying bloody in the dirt. My wolf and I growled right away as a nurse went to pick him up. She backed away and in seconds was replaced by two large men. I followed them to the pack hospital. Utterly worried. Once I arrived, I shifted back into human form and put on some clothing the attendant gave me. And that's how I ended up here.

After the, 'Oh, my god, he should have listened to me' phase, I was in deep turmoil. I felt countless amount of tears slip down my face, after the doctors left of course. The only person I would cry in front of is Thaddeus, no one else. I asked the doctors how he was, but all they did was send me a small, sad smile and say, "He'll be okay," but for me that wasn't very convincing.

I've been twiddling with his fingers for six hours, but I couldn't leave nor go to sleep unless he was with me or he was okay. I sighed and looked over at him. He had a needle in his elbow helping the blood circulate with an ace bandage wrapped around his head and arm, stitches were on the side of his neck and a black eye circled itself around his eye. Every time a small beep came out of the monitor, I was terrified that it would stay for too long. After a bit, I went to the opposite side of the bed and climbed up with him. It somehow fit the both of us on it. I laid my head on the pillow facing Thaddeus and grabbed his uninjured hand, twiddling with his fingers again. Every time I looked up, I would hope that his eyes would be watching me, but they were closed each time. Soon my eyes naturally closed, no matter how hard I tried to keep them open. But I prayed that his blue eyes would be able to look at me in the morning.