Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I woke up with a large growl that my wolf recognized right away.

Thaddeus.

I rushed out of the bed and didn't even bother changing out of my pajamas as I waddled out of the room and down the stairs. I got out the door and heard shouting.

"CODY, YOU BETTER TELL ME WHERE THE FUCK SHE IS!" His voice was angry, but soft. His vocal chords hadn't been used in ages, making it difficult for his words to have the volume they once did.

"Thaddeus cal-"

"NO, I WILL NOT CA-" He paused once I walked into the hospital. He made eye contact with me and looked down at my stomach. His mouth was agape.

"Scarlett, what the fuck?" he said frustrated hitting his hands on the bed.

"I'M IN A FUCKING COMA AND YOU BANG SOMEONE AND GET PREGNANT!" he shouted at me.

"Thaddeus, let me-"

"EXPLAIN. NO. FUCK NO-"

"LET ME FUCKING EXPLAIN YOU ASS" I screamed, silencing him. "I WOULD NEVER LOVE ANYONE ELSE BUT YOU, NEVER! SO IF YOU THINK THAT LOW OF ME, THEN I HAVE NO CLUE IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH."

"IT'S YOURS, OKAY?! YOURS, OURS!" By this point, my hormones were probably off the chart. I just couldn't contain it anymore.

"Do you know how much I've missed you? How many times I thought that you wouldn't wake up?" I asked him looking at his tall frame. "And you know what's so great? That you think that I would cheat on you, that I would cheat on my mate."

I knew that I couldn't make a badass exit. My wolf was begging me to stay, she missed his touch. She'd survived four months without it and I didn't think she'd stay away much longer.

"Scarlett, I'm sorry," he spoke.

"Sorry, my ass."

He cracked a slight smirk and beckoned me to walk towards him, so I moved closer.

"I missed your fiery attitude."

I stayed silent and he sighed. He looked down on my stomach and put his hand on it.

"Baby girl, I hope you're not as crazy as your mother."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Who said it was a girl?"

"I did."

"What if I said it was a boy?"

"Is it?"

"I don't know."

"Scarlett, how the hell do you not know the gender of our child?"

I smiled. "I want it to be a surprise."

He stood up and bent down latching his lips to mine finally.

"I missed you," I said as we finally parted.

"I missed you more."