Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I rubbed my temples as I sat in the dark and moldy smelling room. The stench was killing me and probably my little Brussel sprout in there. I sighed and continued to listen to the noises that continued to occur from upstairs. It was almost impossible for me to sit down and wait for this battle to be over. My pack was dying and here I was seeking refuge in a basement. The door creaked open, and my instincts were high. I waddled over behind the staircase, searching for something to protect myself with. I found a plank of wood and grabbed it tightly in my hands. The footsteps continued to descend the stairs. I licked my lips ready to attack. Once the person's back was towards me, I quickly reeled back my plank of wood and hit him across the back of the head.

"OW!" he yelped. Wait, I know that voice.

"Thaddeus?" I whispered, as he turned around, I squinted in the dark trying to see him.

"What the hell was that for?" he growled back.

"I thought you were a rogue or something. I don't know!"

"Couldn't you have smelled me?"

"All I smelt was blood."

Thaddeus sighed, "The attack is over, we killed them fast but we need to be prepared, I think they will be back." He chuckled scratching his head.

I nodded and started to walk up the stairs as he was trailing behind me.

***

"Take a shower you smell disgusting," I was told by Thaddeus once he had returned from his shower.

"Wow, the love is real," I replied rolling my eyes.

"I know," he replied smirking.

I gave him a sassy glare, flipped my hair and walked into the shower. Quickly shampooing my hair, I got out and slipped into one of Thaddeus' long shirts that went down to my knees.

I walked out the door and saw Thaddeus texting away on his phone. "Ohh, Mr. Popular," I commented as I walked over and sat on the bed. He chuckled, but didn't look up from his phone. I sat there awkwardly and tangled my fingers together.

"We need to save her," he blurted. I knew exactly who he was talking about.

"Good, because I've had a plan for a while now."