Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I woke up and snuggled into Thaddeus' warm hold, something that felt foreign to me. His arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I traced out the outlines of his six-pack and laughed when he noticeably flexed, trying to impress me of course.

Even though I was already impressed.

But what's the fun in admitting that?

He opened his eyes and looked down at me, watching my every move.

"Ew," I spoke looking up at his hair that was completely out of order even though, to be honest, it was extraordinarily attractive.

Snap out of it, Scarlett!

"Ew," he mocked me. His voice at least five hundred octaves higher than usual.

"I'm not that annoying," I spoke under my breath, rubbing my ears before successfully getting out of his grip and going into the shower.

"I can join you if you want," Thaddeus hollered from the bed that he was still lying in.

"No thanks, I don't want to be disappointed," I replied. "Plus cooties, those things are nasty." I heard him growl playfully... I hope?

I turned on the shower and went into it, once I finished, I grabbed a change of clothes, which consisted of a large flannel, which, yes was one of Thaddeus' and some leggings with combat boots. I blow dried my hair and put it into a neat bun.

"Thaddeus..." A voice from the other side of the door spoke. I peeked out the crack of the door and saw someone that I never would have expected. Thaddeus growled at her.

"Alice, we are never getting married."

She giggled, and replied, "Why not honey? You're funny thinking you have a say," she almost pouted.

"Cause of me, bitch," I replied, both of their eyes snapped towards me.

"God, I always knew you were-"

"Thaddeus' mate?" I interrupted her, and gave her a sarcastic smile.

"I'm his mate," she protested. "He wouldn't want someone like you."

Thaddeus growled, but I easily ignored him.

"And what makes you think that you're an upgrade?"

This time Alice growled, "Isn't it obvious?"

"That's in the eye of the beholder, and in mine you're not," Thaddeus interjected. She rolled her eyes before lunging at me but I easily sidestepped it.

"Bitch, I will punch you by accident, on purpose," she growled at me. Thaddeus grabbed me by the waist and stood in front of me, glaring at her.

"Alice, the door is that way."

"Thaddeus, I know you want me," she said coming close to him.

"Don't talk about yourself too much," I grumbled, "We'll do that after you leave."

She gasped and looked at me and I just smiled sweetly at her.

"I swear, Scarlett Smith, one day I will freaking eat your brains out."

"Oh honey, you're like a zombie, no matter how many brains you eat... you still won't have one."

It was now one pm, and I was learning that Alice, wanted something more from me, Thaddeus.

My, Thaddeus.

I couldn't say that she didn't have good taste in men, since... well Thaddeus is drop dead sexy. I waited outside his office to hear the outcome of the situation. My foot tapped on the floor, as I felt my wolf getting more and more agitated as time passed.

"Luna, please come in," one of the pack guards said shakily.

"Why?" I asked getting up, but not really caring.

"He's getting angry," the pack member replied. I sighed and jogged into the open office.

"Thaddeus, calm down," Alice said shakily, trying to calm him down.

"Alice, move away from him," her father scolded her and she quickly obeyed. I walked over to Thaddeus, seeing Alpha Gregory's eyes widen at the sight of me. Thaddeus' back was against me, I started to rub my hands on his back, at first, he was surprised, but instantly relaxed after he recognized my touch. He turned around and his eyes met mine. He crouched down and dug his face in my shoulder, taking in my scent. We stood there for a while before someone cleared his throat. Thaddeus' head snapped up.

"Alpha Thaddeus, I didn't know you had found your mate," Alpha Gregory spoke.

Thaddeus just growled holding me tight to him. "Just leave," he growled out. Gregory nodded as Alice complained behind him, but was silenced as Gregory growled at her. Once the door shut, Thaddeus let out a sigh of relief and looked down at me in his arms. Once we heard an engine go on and fade into the distance, he finally spoke.

"I want to show you something."

I nodded and held on to his large muscular hand as we walked outside.

We walked and walked, it felt like hours, I don't think that I've done that much physical activity in a while. Once we arrived, I knew it straight away. A waterfall trickled down, making it almost hard to hear as it crashed on the surface of the clear blue water. Thaddeus looked at me with a devilish smirk. I knew that smirk way too well. He took off his shirt, and advanced on me.

Before he could do anything I shoved him into the water catching him off balance, but he was able to grab the ends of my shirt. I squealed as the cold water hit my face. I felt two arms wrap around my waist and guide me back up to the surface.

Even underwater, I knew it was Thaddeus. I laughed at him and splashed water at him. My over-sized flannel had drifted slightly off my right shoulder, causing his eyes to go black as they looked at it. I brought his face to look at my eyes before I attacked him with kisses. He groaned as I kissed his jawline, and trailed up until I met his lips. I paused for a second, but he had no problem with crashing his lips into mine. He separated from the kiss and started kissing down to my shoulder blade. I shivered as he hit my sweet spot and groaned. I felt his canines on my skin, but before he bit, he looked at me. I nodded in approval and felt his sharp teeth dig in to me. I shivered in delight before doing the same to him once he had finished. 

And finally...

We were marked. 

Drowsiness began to hit me. Thaddeus' grip around me never ceased. My head rested on his shoulder. His large hand rubbed my back, as he whispered incoherent words in my ears. I refused to let my eyes shut. Only for one reason...

I was afraid.

I was afraid that since I finally let him in, that he would leave. And I knew that if he did anything horrible to me I would easily whip him into shape, but if all he wanted to do was mark me and leave... I would be broken.

Now, I needed him. My wolf and I had become too attached, and now, without him, I'd be lost.

But there's no way that he could ever know that I needed him more than he needed me.