Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I woke up in the morning from a groggy sleep, my hands surveyed the sheets next to me, realizing that Thaddeus wasn't there I let out an inhuman noise before getting up and walking to the closet. I grabbed ripped jeans and a white long sleeve t-shirt with white shoes, and lazily changed into it. I made my way downstairs and made some eggs and milk for myself. I made extra and had one of the ladies who worked in the kitchen, who I had come to know as Margie, bring it to Rosaline.

I stepped outside and heard birds chirping right away, their sweet sound made me almost miss the stomping of feet, but they didn't. Many people came walking through with raggedy clothes, their heads hung low. Mothers held their children and observed the area with large eyes. I knew who they were right away: the untouchables. My eyes danced with curiosity as I watched them trudge to a large house that was probably never used, many were confused, looking around. I smiled as Cody introduced them to their new home. Happy that Thaddeus was finally making some changes, I let out a sigh of relief. I almost thought he was impossible to control.

I felt hands wrap around my waist, sending sparks throughout my body. I knew right away that it was Thaddeus. I leaned in slightly into his hard chest and I enjoyed the moment because for once, he wasn't being an asshole, and well, it was nice. We stood there for a little bit, letting the calm wind caress our faces. I smiled at the reaction and happiness that came out of the families. I turned around and looked at Thaddeus. His eyes always tended to enchant me, no matter how bitchy I was. Once his eyes met mine, a smirk appeared on his lips. He wrapped his arm around my waist, bringing me closer to him, if it was even possible. I laid my head against his chest, wrapping my fingers against the soft fabric of his shirt.

His phone rang breaking the silence between us. He groaned and unwrapped himself from me, answering it, while I stood there awkwardly. I introduced myself to as many untouchables as I could. It blew my mind at how grateful they were, no matter what Thaddeus put them through. Their eyes brightened and danced with wonder and love.

Once I had helped Cody get them settled, I walked around the pack grounds. Making my way to a small waterfall, its water sparkled, the sun, making it seem angelic. Once I had reached it, I took off my shoes, letting my feet sink in the water. The water slightly flowed through my toes making it refreshing. I heard a noise coming from the bushes, my wolf and I on guard straight away looked for the source of the noise.

"Scarlett," a voice breathed out from behind me. In fright, I grabbed the hand and somehow, with the adrenaline pumping through my wolf and me, flipped the person over my shoulder and he splashed into the water. I took my feet out of the water and slipped on my shoes. Standing up, I backed away from the water waiting for the person to rise.

Victor.

"Why are you here?" I growled out pointing a stick at him that I had chosen as my weapon.

Real effective, I know.

"Scarlett, now is that any way to treat me?" he asked seeming too somehow enjoy himself in the water.

"You're right... I should stone you right now instead," I said reaching for stones. Seriously, not kidding.

"You're not going to actually-" he was cut off when a large stone flew past his head.

Shit, I missed.

His eyes grew wide as he glared at me. He made his way out of the water, while I continued to back away from him. And as if the situation couldn't get any worse... my back hit a tree.

I attempted to run the other way, but was cut off with a hand hitting hard against the bark of the tree.

"Come on, Scarlett, come with me."

"Why would I ever come with you?" I spat at him, "Why do you even want me?" I almost yelled. I was so tired of this stupid game he was playing with me. Additionally, it was a game that I did not want to be apart of.

At this, he chuckled evilly and backed away giving me some space.

"Thaddeus and I used to be close," he started out. "Our father was almost never around; Thaddeus hated him while I adored him. He taught us to have no emotions. He was the person who opened us up to see the slut that our mother was. He kept her locked up. Taught us how to beat her," Victor smirked.

"He was the real parent, our mother only taught us our weaknesses, love is a weakness. When I found my mate, I felt as if I was cursed. I killed her, not wanting her to take the power away from me," he growled out. I placed my hand over my mouth, I could now say with confidence that this man was crazy. Crazy and heartbroken. But this tactic he was using wasn't going to work with me.

"Now I see what Thaddeus has. He always protected my mother; she loved him more than me. I deserve to have a mate, and since mine is gone. I want to destroy Thaddeus, you are the perfect thing for me to go after."

I shivered in disgust, "And how are you so sure that you'll get the chance to do that?"

"Trust me, when I want something, I get it."

"You might get it, but you won't win it, because good always wins."

"Princess, don't be so sure about that," he spoke before voices were heard. Victor winked and ran away as I stood there paralyzed with fear. It's not that he scared me, I could care less because the words that came out of his mouth was the only thing he could use to protect himself. However, the situation weighed on me much more than I expected. My vision began to blur, while things started to spin.Soon enough a darkness overcame me.

***

I woke up, in Thaddeus' bed. He was pacing back and forth running his hand though his hair. Once his eyes met mine....

"Go take a shower," he ordered. I nodded, slowly slipping out and taking a quick shower. Once I got out, Thaddeus' large shirt was resting on the sink. I slipped it on and walked out of the bathroom, seeing Thaddeus sitting on the bed he looked at me and stood up. I walked slowly over to him.

"What did he say?" Thaddeus gritted out. I knew he was talking about Victor.

"I-I-"

"I smelt him on you, it was nasty," he said making an icky face at me.

"H-he said he w-w-wanted me," I whispered out afraid of the tears that would spill out if I said it any louder. My wolf whimpered at the thought of us leaving Thaddeus.

"And what did you reply?" he asked slowly trying to calm himself down.

"That it would never happen."

"Scarlett, you don't know that, what if I -"

"Thaddeus. I know it will never happen," I replied full of sincerity. He looked at me. His eyes softened. Reaching for me, he wrapped his arms around my waist, put his head in the crook of my neck and kissed my mark. I shivered as my hands wandered under his shirt and traced out his six-pack. He moaned against my neck and I melted into him, falling on the bed.

Let's just say that, it was one of the most eventful nights I've ever had.