Chapter Thirteen

Alright here y'all go. Another update. Comment and vote... Don't worry about passing along because once I finish it, I am taking most of it down to prepare it for publishing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group sat down to for lunch with a brunch menu. Indulging in light conversation, nothing too heavy to keep everyone comfortable. Somehow Allison had been placed on the left side of Antonio as he assumed his rightful seat at the head of the table. While Allison usually sat by Carlina, thinking it was unusual to sit there they insisted. However Antonio saw something totally different but he was determined not to voice his opinion about it.

To prevent any mishaps while they traveled into town, Antonio suggested they ride in the protective trucks with the excuse it had more room. A lot of people in the community who knew them personally were curious as to who the new comer was with the family. Rushing over with so many introductions, it became a little overwhelming for Antonio. He could only imagine what and how Allison was feeling.

“Mr. Mucciono, may I introduce to you my niece Alessandra De Vitis from Florence. She will be visiting me and my family for a spell.” One of Antonio’s associates approached. This was one of the main reasons he didn’t want to stick around too long after mass for the vultures would swoop in.

“Pleased to meet you Alessandra.”

“You as well Mr. Mucciono.” Alessandra wasted no time batting her long eyelashes. He wouldn’t lie and say she wasn’t beautiful. Tall elegant brunette, thin waist, and moderate bust line was the typical woman the public is used to him being with. He is starting to think the assumption of the onlookers that this is the type her prefers.

“How are you enjoying our fine city thus far?”

“We would be so honored if you joined us for dinner one evening. Perhaps afterwards you could show her around.” The brazen man suggested.

“Pardon me Mr. Mucciono.” He had never been so happy as to see Allison as he was at that moment. It saved him from blatantly refusing the offer.

“Yes Mrs. Myers?”

“Your mother sent me to retrieve you.” The stone face she displayed was comical for it resembled jealousy as she darted her eyes from Alessandra to himself.

“Excuse me dear but I don’t think we’ve had the pleasure.”

“Mr. De Luca and Miss Alessandra De Vitis, may I introduce Mrs. Allison Myers visiting from the states.”

“Hello.”

“Ciao bella.” Mr. De Luca went so far as to kiss Allison’s knuckles as he perused her from head to toe. The appreciative smirk on his face let Antonio further know he found her attractive. On the other hand, Alessandra played the catty role.

“Mr. Mucciono, I look forward to seeing you later. Yes?”

“Perhaps another time.” Antonio smoothly stated while silently enjoying the crestfallen look on the young woman’s face. “Mr. De Luca.” He nodded his head in a final farewell before walking away with his hand in the small of Allison’s back. The gesture was meant to be exactly what it was. A tell-tale sign that she was off limits. To him and every other male whom had their eyes of the prize. She may not know it yet but she was going to be his. Even if it was only to fill his curiosity.

*****

“Zio Carmine.”

“Antonio ragazzo mio, è bello vederti.” It was always a pleasure to see his uncle. He and his late father resembled one another immensely.