Chapter One

Allison Myers was a twenty-nine year old kept woman by force definitely not by choice. In the beginning, she considered herself to be lucky to be courted by such an influential business man. When first pursuing her, there was no question that he was well above her league. If anything she was only used to the hoodlums, pimps, or even just the basic blue color worker that would approach her. The blue collar she didn’t mind so much for at least they could struggle together to reach a happy medium. With no dating experience or any extravagant people skills period, they normally didn’t make it past a few conversations.

Growing up in an orphanage, various foster homes, and group homes refrained her from having a normal childhood. Unfortunately for her, she was left at the university hospital directly after birth. According to the records at the group home, the mother died before she was rushed to have an emergency caesarian. For a long time they monitored to see if she would have any side effects from being born with crack cocaine in her little system. Apparently her birth mother was admitted of an overdose that took her life with a snap of the fingers. No other family came forward claiming the infant causing her to become a ward of the state.

Surprisingly enough she was in some decent places as far as living conditions. Besides the couple of homes she lived in that had men in the house, it wasn’t as bad as most horror stories. The men were heavy handed when it came to their spouses or significant others. Once she asked one of her foster mother’s why he would get so angry to a point where he would beat her. Her only response was, women are meant to be submissive to their spouses. The word submissive means a lot of things but punching bag wasn’t one of them in the dictionary. Either way somehow she wound up in the same predicament.

Even though it didn’t start off like that. Derek started things off like any other type of courtship. It didn’t take much to impress her so everything he did made her feel special. Since he was older in age he was more mature than any other guy that has attempted trying to date her. There was an eleven year age difference between the two but he was persistent that age didn’t matter. Coming up poor there wasn’t much appeal to be approached by anyone let alone the popular kids. Dating Derek was as close as she knew she would ever be. Working a thirty hour a week job only afforded her enough to pay for the bare essentials. There would be times that the lights would be cut-off because she had to make a choice. Rent or lights. Although she only had a small roach infested efficiency apartment, it was hers so she did what she had to do.

The very first time Derek came to her house the disgust was carefully hidden the first few times. Upon the last time when he figured out she didn’t have any electricity, he offered to take her away from it all. The dead end job, small apartment, and lack of finances. All she had to do was accept his proposal. Although void of much romance, he insisted that he could love well beyond any love she has ever had. Considering she has never had anyone tell her they loved her, that spoke volumes. Furthermore she didn’t really know what love was outside of someone being there for another. From what she could tell he just wanted to take care of her. Make her forget all of her worries. The only thing he asked of her was that she be there for him in return.

Pondering over his proposal for two nights was almost her last night. One faithful night the restaurant she worked at was robbed and the gunman threatened to take something that even Derek hadn’t received. After locking the manager and the other employees in the freezer, there was nothing but space and opportunity to take what he desired. Like prince charming riding in on his white horse, Derek showed up in the Knick of time. Normally at that time of hour they didn’t get much business so she knew if he hadn’t arrived she would be ran through and possibly left for dead. That solidified her answer in a nutshell.

Derek didn’t waste any more time in whisking her away to Las Vegas to tie the knot that same night. At a little white chapel on the strip she became Mrs. Derek Myers. The scariest part had yet to come meaning the honeymoon. Being escorted into the lobby of the casino, they made their way to the elevators to take them to their hotel room. Arriving at the door was unnerving for Allison. Aside from a few heated make out sessions they hadn’t gone any further. It made Derek so happy to know that he had a virgin for a wife. Said it was one of things that made him adore her so. Derek walked in first holding the door open for her to enter. Unlike the movies he didn’t carry her over the threshold and she was starting to see that fairytale’s are just that. They don’t exist and people don’t do those things for real.