Chapter 13

Going back to work was hard at first because we were upsetting Juliet's routine, but eventually we found the perfect plan that my mom can also work with. The idea for her to live a few floors down from us was the best we ever had because of our unpredictable work schedule. She is really amazing and a saint.

We returned from our latest case on Friday which probably means that we are going to have a quiet weekend. I was actually hoping we'll be back by Saturday due to a seminar that Reid and I were so excited to attend in DC.

The seminar was two days long so we were planning on staying in a hotel nearby on Saturday night, because we were starting super early on Sunday.

Saturday went by as planned but on Sunday, around 11 am my mom called me to tell me that Juliet is running a fever and she can't find Aaron. I didn't even know that he had left her at my mom's last night.

I got on my way back immediately and I tried calling him but my calls went straight to voicemail.
Since when does he turn off his phone?

First, I checked on Juliet and then I ran upstairs to find Aaron.
He better be dead or hurt, or else I'll kill him.

"Where the hell are you?" I ask as soon as I enter and I walk around to find him.

My heart sank in my chest and my legs became weak the second I found him. He was in the bedroom, in bed, but not alone.

She is a brunette, with blue eyes and she's actually really cute. They were both under the covers, probably naked and cuddling.

He never cuddled with me like that...
Only a few times when I was pregnant, but after that nothing.

"Oh, I didn't realize you had company" I say trying to keep myself standing

"It was a last-minute thing. I thought that you were in DC" he replies

"Yeah... Uhm... I'm sorry for interrupting. I'm just gonna go, you guys... continue. I'm sorry" I say and I almost run outside.

I tried to block that image from my memory for the rest of the day and focus on my sick daughter which worked for a little bit.

An hour later, Aaron came down to take us and I find it hard to even look at him right now.
"Why didn't you tell me that she is sick?" he asks as he rushes to the bathroom where I was giving Juliet a cold bath

"You seemed busy... Busy enough to turn your phone off at least, so I guess that you didn't want any distractions" I answer

"How is she now?" he asks

"She is better, the fever is gone for now and I finally got her to stop crying" I answer as I play with her. She loves water and especially splashing it everywhere.

"Let's go home and I'll make up for it" he says

"Oh, did you kick her out already?" I ask ironically

"Josephine, don't do this..." he says

"I'm not doing anything. I'm just asking so she doesn't get surprised when she finds out that you have a daughter" I say

"She knows it" he replies.
It's more serious than I thought.

"Has she... met her?" I ask trying to contain my emotions

"No, I wouldn't bring her to meet Juliet without you knowing first" he says and I nod.

For the rest of the day, I was almost avoiding him and that lasted also for the next two days that I stayed home with Juliet to make sure that she is ok, instead of going to work.