14

With the Zealot defeated and Stephen's chest wound now stitched up. He needed to go and see Lenore, he wanted to see how she was after the fight, whether she was well or not. His mind raced with negative thoughts about Lenore's well-being.

After all, he was certain she lost a lot of blood after Kaecilius hurt her.

With help from Christine, they both made their way to the nurse's station where he spotted the nurse that took care of Lenore. He asked about her and the nurse immediately told him where her room was.

"So." Christine started, "Who is this, Lenore?"

"She's my teacher?" He said it more like a question,

"Let me guess, she's a sorcerer too?"

"She is."

"Jesus." Christine rolled her eyes, despite everything that had occurred, she still didn't believe about everything Stephen was telling her. When they arrived at the room with the number that the nurse had given the both of them, Stephen knocked on the door a couple of time before waited a few seconds before knocking again. When there was no response, Stephen panicked and basically slammed the door open and forced himself inside.

His heart sank when all he saw was an unmade bed with blood stains.

He tore himself away from Christine and limped his way towards her bed, looking anything that would tell him of her whereabouts. He panicked until he saw a piece of paper peeking out from under the pillow. He picked up quickly and read it.

Went back to the Sanctum.

- L

A smile made its way onto Stephen's lips while he turned around and faced Christine.

"I'm late for a cult meeting." He told her as he walked towards the door. Christine quickly slid herself under his arm and accompanied him.

"This is insane." Christine stated.

"Yeah."

"Where are you going?"

Stephen hummed, finding the right words to explain it to Christine.

"Can you tell me the truth?" Christine pressed.

"Well, a powerful sorcerer who gave himself over to an ancient entity... can bend the very laws of physics, tried very hard to kill me." Stephen explained, but he could tell that she was just confused but still he continued, "But I left him chained up in Greenwich Village... and the quickest way back there is through a dimensional gateway... that I opened up in the mop closet."

Just as he finished, he pointed to the doors as he moved away from Christine. But despite his explanation, Christine wasn't convinced.

Stephen then opened the doors and showed the portal he had left open, Christine slowly walked inside, taken aback by the spell in front of her. She stared at it until Stephen jumped in and onto the other side of it.