7

Stephen watched closely, every word, every movement she did to create such a simple spell, he made sure he got it all in his head so that he could mimic it and hopefully, finally use the same magic

Meanwhile, Lenore kept creating magic circles and mystic patterns in the air. She found Stephen watching her with a focused look on his face quite amusing that she couldn't help but giggle. She lost her concentration as she broke in a fit of soft giggles, causing the patterns she created in midair to dissipate into bright sparks.

Even Stephen broke out of his concentration, finding himself joining Lenore but he sounded confused other than the other.

"I'm sorry," she said, struggling to cease her laughter.

"What?" Stephen asked, clocking an eyebrow in her direction, "What's so funny?"

"It's just..." she tried to collect herself but failed to do so, it took her a couple of minutes before her laughter died down and her eyes were now dry from her tears.

"You're so tense, Stephen. Loosen up, you'll get there in time. Trust me." Lenore waved her hands and once again created a Tao Mandala, the one she created was shaped like a fan, not the usual circle.

"Are you sure I'm meant for this?" He asked as he studied the mandalas hovering above her palms. "I tried so hard but so far, none."

"Please, the first night of me teaching you and you're complaining." Lenore hummed while she brought her hand over her mouth while pretending to be sad. Lenore watched at Stephen's face with an annoyed expression, clearly irritated of what she was doing. But the man, instead of lashing out like he used to, he calmed down.

"Look, I'm being serious. What if really not meant for this?"

Lenore thought long and hard, she had students who thought the same way and she had always used the same words repeatedly to encourage them and push them to be better. But Stephen was different, she didn't know why but she knew that he really is meant for this, he was just getting impatient.

"I know you are a man who doesn't believe in things such as fate but, I know fate brought you here, Mister Strange. Maybe fate brought you here for a greater purpose." Lenore spoke as she rose from Stephen's bed and walked over the tray with two cups of tea. She poured one each for her and Stephen.

When she turned around to face him again, she could've sworn she saw him roll his eyes, but instead and speaking up like he had done to the Ancient One when he first arrived here, he chose to be silent about it.

"Stephen, I promise I'll help you. But I could only tell things that you need to learn. It's up to you what you will do next." She stretched her hand forward, handing Stephen his tea. When their hands touched, both Lenore and Stephen jumped slightly at the sudden contact but neither of them noticed the same thing as the other one did.