2

"Kamar Taj?"

"Kamar Taj?"

Stephen asked one of the locals, the person he asked now pointing in another direction this time. He had been asking a lot of the people, some ignored him and some answered but told him different directions. But he had no time to doubt, he was desperate and so, followed them. He wandered through the streets of Kathmandu, tired but determined. But Stephen soon found himself lost in the sea of people of Kathmandu, Nepal and his hope for finding Kamar Taj was withering away.

He repeated his question to another local that walked away after they hadn't given him an answer. He heaved a defeated sigh before moving on. Unbeknownst to him, he caught the attention of two hooded figures standing not too far from him.

The two hooded figures— Mordo and Lenore watched Stephen skeptically before the two Master glanced at each other. Is this the person the Ancient One was expecting to see?

As Stephen was how walking away from the two, Lenore and Mordo followed Stephen carefully, trying not to be noticed. They followed him all around, he went to different places, tired and lost. Lenore got tired as well, her hand pressed against the wall while trying to catch her breath. Them walking around together with the heat was not helping.

"How long is this going to take, Mordo?" she asked, leaning her back against the wall. Nor do didn't respond, instead, continued watching Stephen.

Stephen found himself passing down an empty road. At that moment he knew, he was truly lost. The two Masters observed the wild-haired man, they were remained hidden. Lenore eyed him skeptically, wondering why the man was seeking Kamar Taj, from her perspective, he looked completely fine.

As Stephen continued to walk, two men emerged from the corner, eyeing him maliciously. When he heard shuffling footsteps behind him, he slowly looked over his shoulder and he saw another one coming up from behind.

Stephen slowed his walking to a stop, glancing in between the mem that had him surrounded.
They were slowly closing in on him.

"Your watch." The one with a beanie said, his eyes glued at the accessory around his wrist. Stephen took a quick look at it. 

"No please," he begged, his voice hoarse, "It's all I have left."

"Your watch," the man asserted, moving in even closer towards him.

Lenore's eyes flickered towards Mordo, waiting for him. She wanted to help the man yet Mordo stood still, watching the man intently. She tore her eyes off him and brought her gaze back at the tall slender figure before them. She didn't see Stephen threw a punch at the man's jaw and only saw him bending over, clutching his hand after letting out a loud cry of pain. The three of them soon brought him down, kicking him repeatedly. When they saw that Stephen couldn't fight back, one of them pulled on his arm and took the expensive accessory.

Stephen writhed on the ground, clutching onto his stomach. He thought that that was it, the only important thing that he had on him was gone. But that was until he saw a person dressed in a green robe. Stephen then felt q gentle hand over his shoulder, startling him and causing him back away at the sudden contact.

Behind him was someone wearing the same clothing like the one that had walked past him. They had a good over their head, making it hard for Stephen to make out what they looked like, but judging from their figure, she was a girl.

"We're here to help you," she told him, her smile showing under her hood. Stephen stared at her for a couple of seconds until a loud yelp was heard from behind him, prompting him to turn his head. He saw the one in green fighting the thieves, all of them were no match for him.

"I'll be back. Stay there." the woman told him before she hopped over his body and ran towards the one approaching the man in green. The thief turned around and swung his baton towards her head. She bent down and retaliated by sweeping her right leg against his, putting him out of his footing. She got up quickly to deliver another kick at his gut, sensing him back towards the one in green.

He turned around just in time to see the last thief coming towards him before he strikes him on his back, knocking him out. One of the thieves ran away afraid as the one in green walked to pick up the watch. Meanwhile, the one in dark red turned around to face him. His expression was a mix of confusion and shock.

Stephen stood up as the two hooded

Mordo walked to the one Lenore had taken down first, bending down and taking the watch off of his hand. She turned around to face the man in front of them, his expression a mix of confusion and shock.

Stephen tore his gaze away from the hooded woman in front of him to the one who just had extended his hand, displaying the now broken watch. With his shaking hands, he took it and looked up at his hooded saviors.

"T-Thank you, sir, ma'am."

The first to take off their hope was the one in green, who was a man. The woman soon followed, a sort smile graced her features as she drew her gaze towards him. He studied her for a bit, unable to grasp how a woman of her stature was able to kick the man so strong that he was sliding back.

"Are you okay?" the woman asked, looking at how Stephen was clutching his arm. He answered with a nod as he drew his arm away from her outstretched hand to prevent getting hurt.

He regretted it shortly after he had done it. The woman held a hurt expression on her face as she withdrew her hand.

"You're looking for Kamar-Taj." the one in green said, causing Stephen to draw his attention towards him and answer with a slow nod. The two of them glanced at each other once again before the man turned and began walking away. The woman gestured for him to follow before she began walking away as well.

The there of them walked through the sea of people and into the busy streets of Kathmandu. It took them minutes until they have arrived at their destination. Both the man and the woman stopped by a wooden door. Stephen looked at it in disbelief.

"Really? Are you sure you got the right place?" he questioned before looking across the street, looking at another door that looked like it leads to the place he was looking for,

"That one looks a little more...Kamar-Taj-y."

He chuckled awkwardly, causing the two people in front of him to exchange looks. The woman pressed her lips in a thin line, her shoulder shook as she was trying to suppress her giggles while the man held a slight smirk across his face.

"I once stood in your place. And I, too, was... disrespectful," he states, causing Stephen to become speechless and regret what he said.
"So might I offer you some advice. Forget everything you think you know."

Mordo opened the door and went in first, leaving Stephen and Lenore standing at the front. Stephen gazed down at Lenore.

The woman inquired, "How do you feel? Does your body hurt?"

"N-No." he stuttered,

"Good, " the woman nodded, giving him yet again another smile,

"Welcome to Kamar-Taj."