9

Lenore barely got any sleep last night

Her mind would always wander off to that moment when Stephen kissed her. So when she came out of her room early in the morning, she didn't bother to even glance at Stephen when he came out at the same time as her. She quickly sprinted away before he could see her and quickly made her way to the library.

"Master Lenore." Wong greeted her after he saw her going inside, he then took notice of the way she looked. Her hair was in a messy ponytail, her robes looked disheleved. Wong became even more worried when she stopped in front of his desk. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"Are you okay?" Wong looked down on Lenore once more, noticing the dark circles in her eyes, "You look like you didn't sleep at all."

"Because I didn't." she replied while planting her hands on his desk with a loud slam, "Wong, I need a favor."

"Anything." Wong set down the books he was holding and crossed his arms over his chest, "What is it?"

"Take over my class for today. And the day after..." she paused as she inhaled sharply through her nose, "The whole year I'd you have to."

"Woah, calm down. I can't do that, I'm a guardian of these books. I can't go teach full time like you."

She pouted and averted her gaze away from Wong, "Fine. How about a week?"

"Three days."

With a roll of her eyes, she sighed in defeat and said, "Deal."

After the two shook on it, Lenore heard the sounds of someone entering the library. She turned around and noticed the shadow by the wall, no doubt, she knew who it belonged to. Panicked, she hopped over Wong's desk, much to his dismay, and slid under. As Wong was about to open his mouth to ask, Stephen had already neared the table.

"Stephen." Wong greeted him, buti s eyes were still on Lenore below the table.

"Wong." Stephen looked at Wong skeptically until the latter brought his attention back to Stephen.

"What do you want, Strange?"

"Books on Astral Projection."

"You're not ready for that." Wong said as he shook his head in disapproval. Lenore, however, had a raised eyebrow as she listened to the conversation between them.

"Try me, Beyoncé." He quipped, jerking his head slightly to the side and raising both of his eyebrows while waiting for a reaction from Wong. The librarian kept a stoic look on his face and Lenore almost bursted into a fit of laughter as she clamped both of her hands over her mouth.

"Oh come on, you've heard of her. She's a huge star, right?"

Wong remained still, looking at Stephen with his face still showing no expression.