Dark Prince

I kept yelling as he regained consciousness. The light from afar kept flickering, saying there are people left. It gave me hope that someone will find me and save me from this cruel time. He continued running his hands around me, this time putting all of his weight on me. I felt paralyzed and uncontrolled. Sometime between the fear and shock my whole body felt someone pulled Dustin off me. I moved to the side cradling my knees and watched him defend me. The shadow quickly rushed to my side.

"Are you okay?" He said. It was too dark to see his face, but his voices. I knew that voice anywhere else.

"Y-yeah" I said as I wiped my tears away. He took his jacket off and placed it around me.

"Are you sure?" He said.

"No. I'm not okay" I said to him truthfully. He placed his left arm under my legs and his right arm on my back.

"I'll carry you to the RV" he said. He lifted me lightly and carried me slowly out of the forest. I leaned on his chest and closed my eyes. This feels right I said to myself quietly.

"What were you thinking Marissa?" He said halfway through the path. "Do you even know the guy?"

"I was just trying to socialize Jake, I mean we all cant be like you" I said. He sighed and he continued walking quietly. We finally arrived where our RV was. I can hear him breathed heavily after he put down.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem" he said with a smile. "Just don't get into those kind of situation, again" he added.

"Trust me I wont" I went and hugged him. "I'm so glad I have a friend like you"

"Yeah, me too" he said with a low voice. I went and crawled into my tent while jake decided to stay outside to guard me. An overwhelming emotion took over my body. In a way, I felt relief that Jake rescued me, but I can't help but feel scared. My body had defaulted to fear.

The sound of Agnes snoring woke me up. I crawled out of my sleeping bag and got out of my tent. My mom and Mrs. Winstones were already busy making breakfast, jake included.

"Good Morning" I said giving my mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She smelled like roses, like always. She turned and smiled at me. Something was wrong. I can tell by the she looks at me. Her eyes had lost their shine, as if dark clouds had taken over her mind.

"Where's dad?" I asked trying to ignore it.

"He went off to get Dustin" Jake said from outside. My eyes grew wide and quickly rushed outside.

"You told them?" I said.

"Yes he told us Marissa" my mom said. She was standing behind me wiping her hands with a cloth. "Why? Was he not suppose to?"

I looked at my mom. No wonder her eyes had lost their shine. No wonder thunderstorms and hurricane took over her once stary eyes. She knew. 

"You should be glad jake was there to save you." She said. I rushed to her and hugged her tightly. Tears were running down my face like there's no tomorrow.

"It's okay sweetie. It's okay" she said and kissed my forehead. Her voice felt warm. "Your dad went to get that guy, so don't worry." She added. I held onto her tighter. I wanted to crawl unto her arms just like when I was a baby and she protected me from the world with just her arms.  I wanted her to protect my innocence like when I was little. She hugged me back as well. It wasn't like back then but it was enough for a while. She walked back in to the RV with me by her side. I sat on the couch I sat on ever since we arrived at the Campsite, she sat across from me. 

"What happen though?" she said. Her said it all, same worried look from her.

"I was taking a rest on this stump and this guy came up. He looked friendly so we talked." I said leaving a couple of information out. She looked at me with the same worried look. Is she trying to guilt me or something?