En-route!

The next day we got up early for the trip. In fact, it was too early that even the street lights were still on and the rest of the neighborhoods were still asleep. I put on the jeans that I wore last week, a red t-shirt and a black hoodie. Topping it off with a toque and converse. A pretty outdoorsy kind of look, I think. Unlike my sister who chose to wear her orange onesies and my mom who chose to wear leggings instead of something comfortable. I mean it was only camping not a fashion show. We made our way to our backyard where my dad had parked the RV.

"This is it! This is it!" Nancy yelled as she ran towards the RV. She was carrying her ladybug pillow pet and pulled her pink luggage. Nancy was anything but dull that day.

Jake and his parents were already standing beside the RV with their backpacks. His dad was wearing the same exact clothes as my dad, faded jeans, comfortable shoes, a shirt, and a jacket. They almost looked similar, minus that my dad is a redhead and his dad had a squirrel growing on his top lip. His mom on the other looked too prepared. Her hair was in a ponytail, a striped pink long sleeve and waterproof pants.

"Is jake's mom going canoeing?" My little sister whispered. I smiled back at her as she watched jake's mom change her runners to water-proof rain boots. The amount of preparedness his mom had is the opposite of my mom.

"Okay, everyone!" Jake's older sister Agnes called out to us as she pushed her big suitcase between my sister and me.

"I'm ready" she smiled and posed as if someone was about to take a picture of her. She stood in front of the RV her hair freshly straightened.

Agnes the source of all evil. Ever since she got her braces off and started wearing contacts she has done nothing but insults me and my wardrobe. She wore a lilac-colored halter top with a floral pattern on it, topped by a brown blazer and denim jeans. Guess she's dressed for Europe rather than camping.

"Seriously Ag?" I heard Jake's sleepy voice behind me.

"We're going camping not malling." He shook his head.

"Whatever," Agnes said, her voice was filled with attitude.

"You have to make sure you look good no matter what you look like." She added.

"I mean not everyone can pull this look off" she looked at me as if it was supposed to be an insult.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's just get going." Jake said as he got on our RV and his sister followed. That is when I realized that I was going to share a space with Agnes for 5 hours. No, no, no. Anything but that. I can tolerate Jake but not Agnes. Plus isn't it enough that I am sharing a tent with her.

"C'mon Marissa!" My mom called me from the RV. I quickly grabbed my backpack and ran into the RV.

"Mom! Mom! Mom!" I tried getting my mom's attention as they tried to settle in. Of course, Agnes hogged the washroom for an hour and jake took most part of the couch forcing me and Nancy to squish on the other couch. I don't know why they couldn't ride with their parents.

"Marissa. You were calling me?" My mom yelled from the front seat.

"No. It's okay!" I yelled back.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm good" I replied to her putting a thumbs up with it.

The first two hours were awkward. We were all minding our own business. Eventually, Nancy had fallen asleep and out of nowhere, Jake offered to carry her to the back where the beds were. I have to say, that it's agonizing to watch a football player trying to carry a ten years old girl in an RV. Especially when the hallway was so tiny.