Run Away

They were still there making googly eyes with each other on the bench near the speedboat shed. I should have known that he's just like his football friends. Womanizer. Suddenly a wanting feeling of leaving the lake area urged my body to move, but I couldn't. My body felt numb and frozen from my head to my toe. My chest started to weigh even heavier and everything around me started to blur out. All I see was Jake and the girl he was with. This isn't normal I thought to myself. I turned my head away from them, trying to avoid the sight, but it's no use. My own mind keeps replaying it in my head, like a broken record disk. Cleo held on to my elbow, trying to get my attention. All I saw was her mouth moving but no sound came out, same as Andrew.

The frozen feel finally eased off and out of nowhere, my feet decided to move on its own. Sort of like they were reading my thoughts.

"I'm going guys, realised," I said to Cleo and Andrew as I waved bye to them and they waved back.

Shit! I instantly thougrealisedI was going to pass them on the way back to the RV area.

"Don't get notice Melissa, don't get notice"? I told myself quietly as I got closer to where they were snuggling. I turned my head away from their direction, trying to avoid any eye contact with him. As I walked passed them, I felt his eyes follow me. Don't look back I thought to myself.

My feet started to increase its speed as soon as I entered the pathway, away from their eyes. Tears started running down my warm face and thats when I realize I was crying, but why? I pushed myself faster until I was out of breath. I slowed down near a stump and decided to sit there. The fire from the lake looked alot like stars from where I sat. I took a deep breath in, taking in fresh air through my nose and out my mouth. 

A couple of steps away from me I spotted a shadow walking up. It got closer and closer till I can finally distiguish who it was. It was a guy. Obviously, how did I not think of that? 89 percent of the people down there for the bonfire are guys. He had a dark messy hair with a red streak across the middle, at least in the night and definetly tall and lanky. Apart from the darkeness he eyes glowed like fireflies. Must have been a vampire now that I think about it. He was holding a cup with his left hand. 

He stopped exactly where I was sitting and took a breath in and then out. He flashed me a smile and I stupidly enough I smiled back, my attempt of flirting. In my surprise he started to move slowly towards me and without thinking I scooted a little on the stump, making enough space for him. I know I probably should have ignored him but I needed to take my mind off Jake. This is not happening, our friendship can't lead into something more, but apart of me wanted to get him jealous and he is the answer. At least I thought he was. He took a seat next to me, shoulder to shoulder, skin to skin. Just like how Jake and I were. Focus Marissa I told myself as I was about to daze off about Jake. 

"where are you going?" he asked me as he put down his cup.

"Just back to the RV", I said casually. 

"But the party isn't done yet", he said.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" I asked him. I don't even know the guy and yet he's acting like we've known each other for at least five years. 

"Sorry, forgot to introduce myself. I'm Dustin" he said putting his right hand out. "And you are?"

"Marissa", I said shaking his hand. His hand was surprisingly soft, I mean for a guy like him. "Cool name, I've never met a Dustin before"

"Well now you have" He said spreading his arms apart. "You have a cool name too"

"Thanks, bet you've never met a Marissa before" I said trying to be friendly.

"I have actually, my english teacher's name is Marissa", he said taking a sip from his cup. 

"Cool", I said to him. I wondered how old he is.

"But you're definetly prettier than her", he said out of nowhere.

"Thanks", I said. I started to feel awkward. I didn't know whether to feel happy the I am prettier than his teacher or the fact that he compared me to a teacher. Suddenly i felt an arm on my shoulder. I followed the arm all way to his shoulder, it was his. Man this guy moves fast. I looked at him with a weird look. Seriously? what the heck is he thinking? Karma, thats what heppened to me.

"Do you mind?" I said still stairing at him.

"I like you Marissa", he said as his left hand ran up my legs. 

I moved both his arms away from me and scooted even further. How can a nice guy turn into such a pervert I thought to myself. In just a few seconds, his body had manage to get even closer to me again. Marissa, why do you attract these type of guys? I asked myself quitely. 

I started to walk again, away from the freak, when someone pulled me off the trail. His grip was tight around my arm that I wasn't able to free myself. He threw me down on the ground away from the path. I felt a sharp object on my spine which caused alot of pain in my back. My eyesight started to blur and all I saw were his eyes. Those eyes that shined like fireflies. I felt his hands run up my legs and my sides. I wanted to move but the pain from my back got worst. Every muscle in my body started to tense up. 

"Shhhh" he whispered quitely as his lips touched my neck. His voices sounded familiar. Shit its Dustin I thought to myself. His hands had already made its way down my spine, and inside my shirt. I tried to push him off me, but he was stronger than I was. The dried up tears had came back. All I could do was cry as he pigged out on my body. I tried one more time to push him off, but no use. I grabbed the rock close to where I lay and tried to hit him with when clasp both my arms down on the ground. I felt his grip tighten even more. Through the trees I saw the light flicker. It must have been people who had just came back from the lake.

"help!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Help" I repeated, but before I can yell another time he covered my mouth quickly. Making me able to hit him with the rock on his neck. He let go of my mouth and my arm and quickly grabbed his neck.  He was still on top of me and his legs and my legs were intertwined.

"Help!!" I continued yelling. Just hoping that someone would hear me. I watched the stars shined in fear. Just knowing that at least I have them for company.