Second Idiot

The sun blinded my eyes as I slowly wake up, I must have slept in. Monopoly money and board games were scattered on the cream coloured carpet. My brown pillow has managed to move down on the ground while my blanket awkwardly draped on the couch I was on. Jake's spot was already clean. His blue blanket was nicely folded and placed on the couch with his pillow under it. Looks like someone woke up early. I got up, tied my hair up in a ponytail in the washroom and made my way to the bedroom in the back to grab my coat. It looked like my mom, Agnes and Nancy were already awake. I scrambled through my mom's bag and took out my black jacket.

Our camping site wasn't actually in the middle of nowhere. There were tall and big coniferous trees towering over us. It surrounded the perimeter of the site and on the west side, there was a lake. It was just walking distance from where our RV was parked. There were other families living close to us and we've probably made seven new neighbours.

People from other RVs were everywhere. One had his mountain bike on his shoulder, the other one was chasing after her kids and there was even teenager fooling around. Everyone was on the go constantly. Totally one with nature.

I headed outside the RV hoping to find my parents or Nancy, but no. They all left me in our campsite. No notes, no signs and not even a text. Where could have they went? What are they doing? Why did they leave me? Ugh! This sucks. I'm hungry and alone. I went back to the RV to made myself a Nutella sandwich. They didn't even bother to leave me some food from breakfast. I sat on one of the seats that were placed in front of our RV. The summer weather was finally settling in, cool breeze and the warm sun was I all I needed for the trip. I took a bite of my sandwich and realized that I put too much Nutella. Too sweet, way too sweet. I put my sandwich on the plate and placed it down on the foldable table in my right.

I opened the novel I was reading last night and continued on where I put my bookmark. Where are they? I feel so abandoned right now. I wonder where Jake is. My mind was going crazy with thoughts. I couldn't even concentrate on my novel. Must read, must-read. Marissa focuses on your novel I told myself.

As I was starting to get into my novel, something sprayed me with water getting my clothes and novel wet.

"Sorry." I heard a voice from a distance. I looked up and there was a guy standing close to me with a smile. I'm guessing he is the same age as I am. He had blonde hair, but his brown roots were showing, his hazel eyes were strangely bright making it shift colour to gold. He must have spent a lot of time in the sun considering how tan he is.

"Seriously?" I asked him annoyed. I shook my novel trying to get the water out.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hit you." He replied. Is that an accent I hear?

"Yeah, well you did." I stood up. "You got my novel wet!" Pointing at my book.

"Sorry. I am truly sorry. Just tell me how I can make it up." He said, smiling. Gosh, why can't you get rid of that stupid smile of yours? Seriously a smile doesn't solve anything.

I shook my head and ignored him as I walked back into the RV. Well, I guess my thirty minutes out in nature was the maximum minutes my body can take. I peeked out the window and the guy is now sitting on where I was sitting. His head moved to where the window is and flashed a smile. AH! He saw me. I ran to the bedroom and hid under the sheets. Please, please... Anyone come back. I mumbled quietly to myself wishing my parents were back.

It wasn't till three pm when I heard the door in the RV open. I heard Nancy singing while she was skipping to the bedroom.

"Nancy, tell Marissa a guy is looking for her." Jake's voice echoed from the front of the RV.

"Okay, Jake," Nancy answered with her sweet, high pitch voice. I can see her feet in her pink sandals walking towards me. Her toenails were painted with different colour, probably Agnes did that.

"Issy?" She whispered to me. Issy is Nancy's nickname to me because when she was little since she couldn't pronounce the letter R and our cousin would call me a sissy. So she has adapted it, minus the S in the beginning.

"Yes, Nancy?" I said taking the cover off my head.

"There's a random guy outside."

UGH! I got out of bed and walked to the front of the house. This guy isn't leaving anytime soon, isn't he?

"Hey, there's a guy out there," Jake said as he stuffed his mouth with chips. I looked at Jake and I don't know whether he is burnt or just badly tanned. I let out a little laugh as I peeked out the window. Yep, it's him alright.

"Who is it?" He asked as he looked out the window.

"I don't know. He sprayed me with water this afternoon, now he won't leave." I said.

"Maybe he likes you." He said jokingly. Did I let out a little laugh, like me? Impossible. Too impossible. "What?" He looked at me.

"That's too impossible," I said, trying to control my laughter.

"Well, why don't we find out?" He said as he got off the couch. I looked at him as he walked to the door.

"Wait up." I followed him outside.

"Hey," Jake called out to the guy who was still sitting on the same spot when I last saw him.

"Hey and hey you." He said as he saw me. All Jake could do was to laugh. Idiots. I've surrounded by idiots.

"Why are you still here? Go away!" I said.

"Hey, Marissa let the guy stay," Jake said. I let out a loud and annoying moan. Like I said, IDIOTS.

"Fine, fine, fine," I said and sat on the footstep of the RV door.

"So what's the story?" Jake asked him.

"Well, I'm just waiting for your friend here to tell me what she wants me to repay her." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want anything," I yelled to Jake.

"Don't listen to her, she's just stubborn," Jake said, completely ignoring what I said before. "I'm Jake by the way, and she's Marissa."

"Carter." The annoying guy introduced himself. How funny is it that I don't even know the guy's name and I'm already boiling mad at?

"Can you just tell him what you want already Marissa?" Jake said.

"UGH! Fine." I stood up and got my book. "I want a new and this time dry version of this book." I tossed the book to Carter. "You may leave now."

"Is she always this rude?" I heard him ask Jake.

"Ruder in most time." He said just to annoy me. Once again I repeat IDIOTS! I went back in the RV and hanged out with my sister. Carter was just too annoying for me. But it looked like Jake has now made a new friend.

My parents and the Winstones came back around five pm carrying tons of fish. They then quickly started a fire and grilled the fish that they caught on their fishing trip. Mr Winstone pulled out a foldable table from their car and placed it near our RV. I helped Mrs Winstones with the potato salad in their trailer while my mom baked biscuits in the RV. Everyone seems to be here, except for Agnes.

"Did Agnes join you guys?" I asked Mrs Winstones.

"She said she's going to the beach when we left." She replied back. "Is she not back?"

"Nope." I shook my head from side to side.

"Hold on Marissa, ill go ask my husband to look for her." She said stepping out of their trailer. I know I said that I don't like Agnes but I don't want anything to happen to her. That would make this camping trip terrible.

"Carter is pretty cool." Jake popped into the trailer.

"Pretty cool? Yeah right."

"Yeah. Even my mom likes him."

"He is also staying for dinner," Nancy added as she popped in front of Jake. Oh great, I thought. I'm going to see that annoying weirdo again. Just what I need. As if one idiot isn't enough I was blessed with a second idiot. The more the merrier, I guess.