Rained In

None of us dashed out of the RV like what my dad had hope to happen. Lets face it, no one wants to go outside when a sunny afternoon turned out to be a wet one. Agnes quickly looked for some sweats, she must have felt the wind as it entered the door. Mr and Mrs Winstones got out of their car and made their way in our RV.

"Well Tyke I guess our fishing trip is postponed till tomorrow." My dad said to Mr. Winstones.

"Guess it is Dave." He replied back.

We all stayed in the RV and waited for it to stop raining. We waited and waited and waited till it was all pitch black.

"So what? Were not going to eat?" Agnes said breaking the silence off.

"Your mom and Sheila are making dinner in your car." My dad replied back.

"Hey Ag, while you're waiting have some beef jerky." Jake said annoyingly.

Guess Agnes had enough. She walked to the washroom and locked herself in. Even though I hate her, I felt bad for her. She sounded miserable, which means more rant if ever we share a tent tonight. The scenarios just keeps getting worst and worst.

"Diva" Jake pointed out and then silence took over again. My dad and Mr Winstone went back to watching sports in the front of the car, Nancy has now made a fort in the back which enabled people to go there, Agnes is still in the washroom, Jake is still eating and I'm still reading. Call us interactive. Although I thought camping were suppose to bring people together. Like that one episode from Hannah Montana, you know build a fire and share a nice bowl of whatever. What happen to that? Guess only TV, ehem I mean Disney, can only make it look good.

I put done my novel and got up to get something to eat, cause like Agnes I too was getting hungry. What's taking my mom and Mrs. Winstones so long. I opened the cupboard and all I saw were junk food. Cheetos, Cheetos, Doritos, Lays and Beef Jerk? All of a sudden I hear Jake's voice.

"Hey! Hey! What are you doing opening my stash?"

"You're stash?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, mine." He said organizing the cupboard.

"Sorry I didn't see the label PROPERTY OF JAKE WINSTONES" I said sarcastically back to him and grabbed the rice crackers that was sitting the back.

"Since when did learn how to be sarcastic?" He said as he sat back down to his spot.

"During the time you started playing football, I also learned how speak with insults and uhmm..... negatively." I said as I made my way back to my spot. All that idiot can do is smile and play with his iPad. I'm surprise it still has enough battery considering he's been using it since we left.

"Is the food here?!" I Agnes yelled from the washroom. "It's getting super gross in here."

"Just get out!" Jake yelled back.

"There are rice crackers here if you want." I said trying to be nice. She opened the door slightly just so her hands can go through it and grabbed some of the rice crackers.

"Aw naw! Ag! That's just gross." Jake scolded his older sister. "Eat anywhere, BUT the washroom."

I went back to my novel, smiling as I mindlessly listened to their argument. I've never noticed this but they sure argue alot and when I mean argue, I mean Jake bugging Agnes and Agnes over reacting. Its quite a comedic act, if you ask me. I don' know what's taking our moms so long. I mean they're only making lunch... uhmm never mind make that dinner. We have completely wasted four hours indoors, with no food. I thought we were going camping not live a day like Survivor. I don't think anyone mind that we were wasting valueable time. I mean my dad and Mr. Winstone were still watching their game, my sister has manage to change the whole bedroom into her own tent/fort and these two are still argueing. I have managed to get halfway on novel when my mom and Mrs. Winstones came in. 

"Sorry dinner took so long." mom said as she brought a pot of beef stew in. Mrs. Winstones followed behind her bringing a basket of bread on one hand and a thermos on the other, which I  guessed was filled with either tea or hot chocolate. They settled the food down on the table and they all digged in. Agnes, being hungier than all of us grabbed a bowl the moment her mom took of the lid.

"Sweety, there's a vegetable wrap for you in my bag, know you can't eat the stew" my mom said while everyone in the RV were fighting over the food. I grabbed some bread and took my wrap out of my mom's bag. The RV was filled with the aroma of beef stew as everyone ate their dinner. Nancy finally came out of her fort just she can get dinner, and finally Agnes have shut up. Guess everyone were starving considering all we forcused on were the food. By the time everyone has finished their dinner, we've all snogged into out desire spot. Mr and Mrs Winstone decided to stay in thier tralier for the rest of the night and as much as I would like for Jake and Agnes to go with them, I don't think they would all fit there. Agnes, my sister and my mom shared the bed in the back and my dad decided to lounge in the front seat. I stayed in my spot, where my books were and just my luck Jake is took over the spare couch.

"Don't you ever get tried of reading?" he asked me as he tossed his mini baseball to the air.

"Why would I get tried?" I asked him.

"Well I mean don't you want to to talk to people, I mean real people." 

"Real people? Like you?"  What did he want to me to do, everyone were asleep. I mean if he'd shut up and close his eyes there are no "real" people anywhere, just my books.

"You know what I mean Marissa." he said, ignoring my comment. "I mean like don't you ever socialize with people, people not in your books."

"Jake, just because I don't talk to you at school doesn't mean I dont talk to anyone. I have friends too" I put my book down and looked at him.

He didn't bother to say anything back to me and I knew i caught him off gaurd by saying those words to him. Geez who knew he has become one of those arrogant jerks at school. He does know he isn't my only friend. We went back to what we were doing, him tossing his baseball in the air and I went back to readind my novel. 

"So what happened to us Marissa?" Jake broke the silence.