2부

Sat infront of him right now was a silent child with silver eyes. They both had puffy eyes, because they cried, now they sat on Wen Ruohan's bed face to face.

"So uh, Wei Ying?"

"Mm...?"

Wen Ruohan let out his palm.

"I'm Wen Ruohan, Wen Xiehong is my given name."

Wei Ying hesitantly let his hand out before placing his small hands over Wen Ruohan's palm.

"Wei Ying... I'm Wei Ying..."

Wen Ruohan slightly curved his mouth before holding on tightly to Wei Yings' hand, now holding it with both of his hands.

"Wen-Shu... Are you going to hurt me too...?"

Wen Ruohan furrowed his brows before kissing the top of Wei Yings' hand.

"I would never... Well technically I do hurt other people but I will never dare... I would never dare hurt you, A-Ying..."

"But... Why...?"

"Why would I hurt you when you haven't done anything wrong...?"

Wen Ruohan looked at him, a frown now on his face.

"You look scary..."

"Ah-"

Wen Ruohan's eyebrows twitched.

[Did this brat just call me... Ugly?]

"Do I really...?"

"Mmm... A little bit..."

"I see..."

Wen Ruohan smiled at him sarcastically before moving a little closer to the unfazed boy.

"So A-Ying... Can you tell me what happened when you were there?"

"No..."

Wei Ying shook his head violently before throwing himself to Wen Ruohan. The older male sighed before pulling him tight in a hug.

"I'm not the best in being nice but for you, I'll try..."

"Wen-Shu... Thank you..."

Wen Ruohan sighed before laying down with the boy wrapped tight in his arms.

"You're welcome, Brat..."

_____________________________

Wen Ruohan woke up in the middle of the night, feeling that Wei Ying was no longer in his grasps. He immediately sat up and scanned the room, looking by the open window when he saw Wen Xu who was sitting next to Wei Ying as they gaze on the stars.

"Gege, what do you think the stars are like?"

"No one knows what they look like up close, we've just got to rely on what we see."

"Stars look pretty far away... But what if we get near them, they're just ugly and big...?"

"Who knows."

"Mmm... Like places... When people talk about how beautiful it is... But when you actually go there... It's ugly and..."

"What did they... Do to you?"

Wen Ruohan listened to them silently, Wen Xu just sitting still next to Wei Wuxian who let out silent tears.

"Jiang Xiangsheng... Gets mad at me because he says I look just like my father... Madam Yu gets mad at me because... She says I'm my mothers son... Jiang Yanli Shiejie invites me for food but she... Never really helped me... Jiang Wanyin Shidí... Really hates me... Because he says I get his father's attention... And they..."