✧・14: INITIAL OBJECTIVE

[ F/N's Perspective ]

Ever since I have proposed my objective in this lifetime, it has been a week and a half of researching and brainstorming for my strategy. Indeed I am selfish to my younger sister's eyes, although, I cannot resist the temptation any longer. Later this evening, I'll be informing the two. I hope this goes well, although the likelihood is estimated at about thirty to twenty-five percent.

Jaiya and Meryl just arrived at my household due to their 'hang out' session. I have finished cooking our meal. Minutes after we had all eaten, I spoke up.

"Jaiya, Meryl. We need to discuss something. Well.. how can I put this in words without being brutally honest nor sugarcoating it.."

Jaiya tilted her head, "Onee? You can say anything to me and Meryl. You know that right?"

Sighing, I know that much but this could likely hurt her feelings once again. "I'm leaving in three days from now." I just said it bluntly. I took a glance at Jaiya's expression but it was what I expected.

She was speechless. Moreover, it looks like she's once again hurt-

"I.. It's okay" my sister told me, I on the other hand was shocked. What in the world has Jaiya gone through? Possibly puberty but..

"I mean I can't change your mind either way.. All I just have to do is suck it up and support you." she beamed with a wide grin.

I hugged her tightly and my shoulder was starting to get wet all of a sudden. She's become more understanding to me, and even stronger than before. I am so glad, It must be Meryl's doing. I might've got a bad impression on him when overthinking things but he can't possibly be all those things at the moment. Jaiya is more precious than any jewel I've encountered.

"Thank you.. For being so understanding and strong for me and yourself Jaiya." I heard sniffles from her, it was honestly the most heartfelt moment I had with her these past months.

A bit later, we both pulled back from the hug and I faced the two, "May Meryl and I talk in private?" His sweat dropped but both nodded. Jaiya left the room, leaving us both.

"Is there anything wrong Miss.. I mean F/N-san?"

I was having doubts about this but they went away after Jaiya's response to the situation. "I have a favor to ask of you, Meryl. It's going to be stressful and difficult since the circumstances are unpredictable," Meryl simply listened to my words attentively.

"I want you to protect Jaiya whilst I'm away," His eyes widened while I continued, "You may reject the favor I have asked of you. Since it truly is a risky job—"

Before I could finish he agreed. I'm genuinely amazed by his kindness, what in the world has this kid gone through to be this courageous? We both spoke in terms of agreement and let Jaiya back into the room. The both of us explained to Jaiya. She hesitated at first nevertheless she agreed to the proposal we talked about.

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

Afterward, the time had come. Everyone was outside of the household, saying their goodbyes. "Contact my number if there's anything wrong or whenever you feel talking to someone, alright?" I smiled.

"I guess this is gonna be my departure. Jaiya, Meryl thank you both. Stay safe you kiddos."

Jaiya ran up to me and hugged me tightly, "Be extra careful F/N.. and you don't have to call me every now and then! I have myself and.. Meryl's company."