Chapter 12 || My Happiness

She nodded. She pulled my body closer to her, tenderly embracing me. I desperately missed her touch, her hugs, her cuddles, her scent. I melted right into her.

Before long, I felt my body feeling weaker and weaker by the passing minute. I was falling asleep in her arms. Soon enough, darkness filled my sight.

~~~

Your POV

It has been a few days since that happened. I haven't talked to Julia much, She's always busy in her office. While as in for me, I'm also as busy. We barely talk, sometimes the only time I talk to her or even make eye contact is only at breakfast, and that's not even every day.

It's kind of odd. 

She was a never busy person, the only person she worries about is only David. And to be fairly honest, Their schedule is not every day.

I also noticed how she spends a lot of her time in her office during the day. 

"How was it?" Victoria asked.

"How was what?"

"Your session with Dr. Hoffman last night?" She said with a smug smirk plastered all over her.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I shrugged.

She leaned her body closer to me, "Oh please- You didn't sleep here last night."

My face went red like a tomato. I was about to answer her but our conversation was interrupted by a loud voice beamed through the halls.

Both of our heads snapped at the door, before looking back at each other. 

It was Elizabeth, but what is she screaming for? 

I rose from my bed, walking towards the door. I gestured for Victoria to stay here while I go check out the problem.

Through those cold empty halls, I finally made it to the main room. I noticed a familiar blonde-haired woman standing in the middle.

Angelique.

As soon as she made eye contact with me, her face lit up.

I was about to walk down the stairs to greet her but stopped by a hand stopping me mid-way.

Elizabeth has stopped me from taking another step to her. I look at her confused.

"Please go back to your room dear," She whispered in my ear.

I was still very clueless about the situation, I glance back at Angelique. I gave her a warm smile before heading back into my room. I don't know what happened after that exactly.

"What happened?"

"Oh- I saw Angelique," I simply answered.

"Who's Angelique?" Victoria asked.

"A woman I met awhile back, it's a long story honestly."

~~~

I was bored and decided maybe I should visit Julia. But before I knocked on her office door. I kind of just froze. I don't know if she will ask me about the question from last night or not.

Did I think about it? Yes, yes I did. Look I love her.. very dearly. But it was hard. It was hard to see her so close with Barnabas. I may not know him so much, but I hate him with my guts.

I mean I could tell her to stop maybe meeting him but it's impossible considering he lived in the same house.

Not only that, I'm worried about what the others might think.

Gosh, I feel like I'm overthinking it. I'm sure I can work things out with Julia.

I burst through the doors, my eyes widen at the sight.

"Scarlett! What are you doing here?!" She panicked.

She sat there on the bed, attached to an IV. My eyes averted to the bag of blood that's hung. 

"Who's blood is that?" I asked cautiously.

Her eyes were full of panic. She wasn't prepared I was just going to burst right in like that. She tried to cover the IV and the blood away but it was quite visible. 

I furrowed my eyebrows at her as I locked the door behind me and slowly made my way towards her.

Each step I took, another step was made by her. She backed herself up to the wall. Once our face was inches away from each other. I can feel her breath hitched.

"I'll explain."

I let out an exaggerated sigh before nodding.

We sat down on the couch, as she told me everything from the start. From her first time meeting him, to the part that she knew about him being a vampire, to her fear of growing old, and worst was that she didn't even tell him about all this.

I was stunned to speak after she was finished. Trust me, it was a lot to take in. 

"Are you mad at me?" She asked quietly, almost missed by how quiet it was.

"I'm not mad, more like disappointed. Do you have any idea if Barnabas was the one who burst in? You could've died. Besides, do you care about how you look more than your own life?"

She stayed silent. She knew deep down I made a point. I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You are more than beautiful my love, not even age can change that. You mean the world to me, I can't risk losing you right now. Please, Just stop this."

It took a lot of courage within her to finally nod away.

It was a very quiet atmosphere for a good 3 minutes. I can feel her silently sobbing into me.

I was thinking about all the things that's happening but I knew one thing for sure. I needed to cheer her up.

We stayed in that position for the next few minutes before I finally spoke up. "About your question yesterday.."

She looked up at me, "I would love to be your girlfriend."

Her face immediately lit up with such happiness. It was a relief to see her so happy.

"Really?!"

"But you must promise me something."

Her face went back to focus, afraid of what I might say. "You will promise me to stop doing all of this."

She smiled, "I promise."

I pull her body to a very warm embrace. We were smiling and giggling. 

After the laughs subsided, I noticed how her eyes averted from my eyes to my lips then back to my eyes.

I may say this a lot but this woman is so hot. I noticed my body leaning closer and closer to her, greeting her with a such delicate kiss.

The way our lips sync with each other, it was getting addicting. It feels like the world is slowly disappearing around us.

Our lips were moving slowly but it feels comforting in some way. After the kiss was broken I whispered, "I love you, Julia Hoffman."

A/N HERE!!!

Okay first let me apologize, I haven't updated this in a whole month. I was caught up with school and I was pretty unmotivated to continue. I know some of you are really looking for an update on this so I hope this will make it up. I love youu <33

And also don't forget to vote everyone!