Chapter 3 || Jealousy

Then I heard giggles coming from the hallway and saw..

~ - ~

(Still Victoria's POV)

I saw y/n with.. Dr Hoffman. Deep down I was annoyed but dissapointed seeing her with someone else so happy. Just before, I saw her scared of that person and now she's all giggling with the person. I was jealous but i know deep down i should put on a happy face.

She saw me, and ran straight to me giving the biggest hug. It was warm and very much needed. "Where were you?" I asked worriedly. "I-uh got up earlier and I stumbled upon Dr hoffman and we talked for a bit." she replied nervously. It was suspicious but I ignored it.

We arrived on the dining room, and saw Elizabeth already sitting on the table. I sat beside her, "How did you sleep?" I asked Elizabeth, " You look tired."

She looked me in my eyes, "Horrible, I can't sleep at all last night." "Oh? Is something bothering you?" I continued.

"Work," she said. I knew she was in charge in almost everything so I understood her and gave her some space.

After we finished breakfast, Scarlett / Y/n came to me. " I'm gonna go head downtown to grab some books for David," she told me. I nodded and left to go to the bedroom to rest for a little bit while waiting for her.

Scarlett's / Y/n's POV

I noticed since this morning, Victoria has been acting a lot differently. I thought to myself 'Did i say something wrong? why is she so cold to me.. she didn't even hug me back when i saw her this morning.' I'm not used to seeing her like this but i know if i asked she will just brush it off and act like nothing happened. I was already changed, so i just went straight to the town.

I was on my way to the book store, and bumped into someone. "Oh- sorry! I wasn't looking!" and I saw this beautiful blonde woman towering over me.

"Oh it's totally fine!" she looked at me confusely and continue, "I haven't seen you around here, Are you new?"

"Yes i am" i answered.

"aahh that make sense. I'm Angelique Bouchard, you can call me Angie. Where do you live?" she asked me.

"Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Scarlett Windsor, Call me Scarlett. I live with the Collins Family, I'm working as David's part time Governess. I just came here to grab some books for him." I explained to her.

"Oh letme accompany you!" she excitedly said to me.

"Oh no- I'm sure you're busy, I don't want to bother you." I sheepishly said to her.

"I Insist." she smiled to me and followed me to the book store.

We had a great time, she was really sweet and understanding. I feel like i could tell her anything and she wouldn't see me any differently.

It was already night time when we got off the book store. I gasped in shock of how long we have spent our time.

She insisted to drive me back to the Mansion and when we got there, she kissed my cheek goodbye before she left.

I blushed and went inside.

I walked in and walked straight to the library to put the books away. I stumbled upon Julia's office.

I suddenly hear glass breaking across the hall and rushed inside to see what's going on. I saw her sitting on the ground with broken glass pieces shattered everywhere. My eyes widened seeing she was bleeding because of the broken glass, "JULIA!" and i sat beside her and picking her up slowly and carrying her to her bedroom. I layed her on the bed and helped clean her wounds. The smell of Whiskey was all over her, I knew she was drinking and was very much likely drunk.

She was unconscious so i stayed beside her and ended up falling asleep beside the bed holding her hands.

Julia's POV

I was looking all day for Scarlett but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. The day is setting, and I can't help but worry. I knew she was going to the town to get books but she left at 11 AM and now it's already 7 PM. She haven't got back until i heard a car pull over on our driveway.

I saw y/n aka. Scarlett getting out of the car and saw a familiar person helping her. It was Angelique. 'GOD i hate that woman, what is she doing with scarlett?'

I saw Angelique kissing her on the lips or atleast thats what it looks like. I was FURIOUS. HOW DARE SOMEONE KISSED HER BEFORE ME.

From the looks of it, y/n was flattered. The anger was boiling within me. I didn't know her for long but it makes me mad to see someone i hated to be touching and kissing her all over.

I tried helding back my anger but at one point I can't hold back and threw the glass of whiskey out of my hands. I was drunk, Of course. So i passed out.

All i remembered was the door burst open, and hear "JULIA!"

I knew it was y/n's voice but everything went to a blur after that.

I woke up in my bed the next morning, I tried opening my eyes but the hungover hit me like a truck. I groaned and forced myself to get up.

I gasped seeing y/n asleep beside the bed on the floor, leaning on my bed.

I smiled and got up to get some Aspirin. After that, i went back to see y/n still asleep on the floor. I felt bad and picked her up and layed her on my bed to rest. I tucked her in my bed and stare at her for a moment.

She looks tired but looks really adorable. I giggled and kissed her forehead, leaving her alone in my bedroom.

I went downstairs to get some food so i can quickly get rid my hungovers.

"Julia, Have you seen y/n? I haven't seen her since yesterday.."Victoria worriedly asked me. I told her" Don't worry, she's in my office, sleeping. She should be awake in a bit." I smiled at her. She sigh in relief and left.

I came to breakfast quite late so im left with Elizabeth still finishing her breakfast. "What happened to your legs?" she asked me while pointing to my legs. "I looked down to see scratches and cuts which already got taken care of. I immediately knew that y/n did that.

I can't help but smile.

"Long story" i replied.

(A/N) There you have it! Finally not a cliffhanger. Ya'll mustve hated me if i did leave you by a cliffhanger again.

I'll post chapter 4 in maybe a few days.. I've been busy with school so i hope you guys can understand.

Ps. I changed the book name to 'Our Loving Duet' because i thought the name was a bit boring but that's all.

Stay tuned everyone for chapter 4!