Chapter 7 || Town

Your POV

I woke up early in the morning, in Julia's arm wrapped around my body protectively. I was staring at her beauty while she was sleeping. Seeing how peaceful she was, I can't help but smile.

"What are you smiling at?" A smile creeps up onto Julia's face while her eyes are still closed.

"Nothing~" I said

We got up to get breakfast, Everyone was there, I noticed a strange man at the end of the table looking at me. It was really uncomfortable. 

The seat next to me was empty. The spot that Victoria usually sits. She never skips breakfast so I knew something was wrong. 

"This is Barnabas Collins" Elizabeth started.

I smiled his way, but I got a very creepy smile in return. I looked towards Julia giving her the 'That was weird' look to her. She noticed it too and slightly nodded.

After breakfast, I put the dishes in the kitchen sink, and walk towards me and Victoria's room.

When I walked in, I saw Victoria still sleeping in the bed. She got the blanket up to her shoulders. The weather wasn't cold that day. I sat myself beside her and checked her temperature. IT WAS HOT. She was burning up. She must've fallen sick the other day or something. 

I saw victoria flutter her eyes open, "Scarlett? What are you doing here?"

"I think you've gotten a cold," I told her.

She looks at the clock and sigh, She knew she missed breakfast. "I had to teach david today"

"I'll take care of that. Just rest."

I grab some cold waters, and a small cloth. I dipped the cloth into the cold water and place it on Victoria's forehead. 

I left her alone, and went to the library where I will teach david. It was almost 9 AM, and I have to teach david at 9 AM Sharp. I hurried and saw David already sitting in one of the desk. I sat myself beside him. 

"Where's victoria?" He asked me

"She's sick, I'll be replacing her today," I replied as I grab the books.

I placed the books infront of him. "Which lesson do you want to learn today?" 

He looked at me shocked yet mesmerized. "Victoria never asked me that before," "She usually just choose for me," He continued.

"Well- Different rules with me" I winked at him playfully. He giggled and pointed to History. I smiled and bring the book closer to him. 

I explained to him from the stories, legends, gossips. He seems to be intrigued at the stuff I was talking about. At the end, I wrote down some questions for him to answer. "If you answered all this correct, I'll give you a reward." I said to make him motivated. Within minutes, He was finished. I checked all the answers and, He answered all of the questions right. 

"Oh wow. You answered all of this correct. Well- guess what?" I said as I reached into my pockets.

I took out a lollipop, "Here's so reward for today." 

His eyes lit up, "Thank you!" He hugged me and whispered, "I like you better than Victoria" He smirked.

I laughed at his words, "Well then, Maybe I'll teach you again later. For now, That's all that we're learning today."

I was about to close the books when he grab my wrist, I looked at his face and he was frowning.

"What is it? You want to learn more?" I said jokingly. To my suprise, He nodded. I was shocked but didn't ask any questions.

"Okay then, Choose." I layed out the books again and he choose a different lesson. I spent another 2 hours teaching him and explains everything in detail to him. He was really curious about this stuff, and it gave some warmth to my heart. We did the same thing as before, but a different reward. Again, He answered it all easily. 

"How about this, Since I don't have any more candies," I cupped his face, "We can go to the town tonight and have some fun? Just the 2 of us." 

He was beyond interested and nodded excitedly. I told him to go get changed while I clean the table. He left, and I started to close the books. 

I heard the door opened slightly so I turned around, "What did you do with him? I've never seen him happy like that in years."

It was Elizabeth. "Aaa.. He wanted to study more today, So I thought I should give him a reward by taking him to the town, just the two of us. I hope you don't mind" I explained to her.

She gave me a warm smile and still leaning on the door frame. "He never liked studying. I guess you've changed that perspective in him. Of course, you can take him to the town, Just be careful."

I smiled to her words, and nodded. I picked up the books and put it on the side. I changed and went to the living room to be greeted by a happy David. He grab my arms and dragged me out as fast as possible. 

We decided to walk there and talk to each other. We reached the town, He was overly happy. I felt someone's hand slither on my waist, It was Angelique. "Fancy seeing you here, I've missed you" She hugged me.  I recognized her voice right away and was extremely relieved it wasn't some creep. 

"Sorry angel, I Know we haven't seen each other in a month. I've missed you too," I said.

She looked towards david, "Oh hello david, how are you?" "Great." He smiled.

She accompanied me and david around the town. We got ice creams, and walked around. David was holding onto my hand the whole time which is really adorable. We stumbled upon a playground, So I gave David the permission to play. He ran and ran towards the slides. 

I sat on the bench near it, while watching David. 

Angelique sat close to me and said "What are you doing with David here?"

"Oh, He did good on the quiz I did when I was teaching him. I figured I should give him a reward to keep him motivated," I explained.

"You're a good governess you know that."

"I tried." I blushed at her words and it was slowly getting dark. I told david we need to go home, He listened and followed me. I said my goodbye to Angelique and left. She tried offering me a ride, but I prefer walking so I can have some alone time with david.

As we arrived at the house, I was extremely exhausted. I told David to go wash up and eat dinner after that. He ran away to his bedroom and closed the door shut. I giggled and saw Julia passing by.

A/N HERE! How are you liking the story so far? Hope you like it and see you soon!

Don't forget to vote everyone! <33