Chapter 8 || Dream with a meaning

TWWW! ⚠️⚠️

As we arrived at the house, I was extremely exhausted. I told David to go wash up and eat dinner after that. He ran away to his bedroom and closed the door shut. I giggled and saw Julia passing by.

~~~

Your POV

"Julia!" I shouted. 

"Where were you?" She enquired of me with such apprehension.

"I was going to the town with david, He did good on my class," I explained.

She paused for a moment, puzzledly looking at me before nodding.

~~~

I walked back to my bedroom, seeing victoria sitting on her bed reading.

"How did it go?" She didn't look at me while she talked.

"Good. It was great fun; I met Angelique and she ended up spending time with David and myself."

She nodded and returned to her book. "How are you feeling?" I said as I sat next to her.

I put my hand on her forehead to check her temperature; it didn't appear to be as high as it had been earlier in the day.

"Better," She smiled.

Before returning to my own bed and dozing off, I kissed her head and murmured goodnight.

My body felt like laying on something firm. I opened my eyes to find me laying on the floor, chained down. The room appeared to be deserted, as it was completely white. It appeared to be a facility of some sort. 'What-' Before I could finish my thought, I noticed a familiar figure enter the room, wearing a lab coat but concealing their face and hair.

Another individual soon joined them, an orange-haired lady wearing the same lab coat. For some reason, my vision was fuzzy.

I noticed the first person reach into the drawers and attempted to hand something to the orange-haired lady.

I observed the two of them conversing, but the situation quickly deteriorated.

"NO! I'M NOT DOING THAT TO AN INNOCENT GIRL" Said the orange haired lady.

They began screaming at each other, but I have no idea what they're arguing over. Their voices seem both distant yet close at the same time. 'Who are these people?'  I wondered as I sat there perplexed.

I was abruptly hurled back a cell. It's a different room now than it was before. 'Isn't this-' I began to have flashbacks. It was my cell on the sanitarium. 

A person with needles and large equipment entered my cell. My eyesight was becoming more fuzzy than before when the needle was pushed into my arm before I could even react.

It was excruciating, one of the most incredibly painful sensations I've ever experienced. I screamed as loudly as I could with the last strength in my body. Then, blackness filled the room.

I woke up, sitting in my bed. It had all been a dream..

I was perspiring furiously and sweating profusely, attempting to calm my anxiety. I feel tears going down my cheeks. I was thinking about a lot of things..

'What was that? Who was that..?'

I slowly got up from my bed, and walked out of the room. 

step by step, door by door I passed. I found myself infront of julia's office. It was well over 2 A.M by now. The thoughts weren't going away any time soon, and they were beginning to bother me.

I clenched my fist, about to knock on her door. However, something stopped me, as if it were a gut sensation. My heart felt heavy and exhausted. I felt my body rocking back and forth, my eyes closed, and I honestly have no idea what happened after that.

Julia's POV

It was a quiet night, I could even hear my own heartbeat. My thoughts has been clouded the entire time I've been seated at my table. I was drinking, but still very much sober. I heard footsteps coming from outside of my office. 

I looked at the clock in my office. 

2:21 A.M.

'Who would be awake at this time of hour?' 

My thoughts were distracted by a loud thumping sound, I hurried myself to the door and opened it.

"Oh my-" I whispered to myself.

There I saw Scarlett laying unconcious infront of my office door. I picked her bridal style to my bedroom, that's connected to my office. I layed her under the covers of my bed.

I observed a few beads of sweat on the girl's face. She was perspiring, but for what reason? She wasn't fleeing, that's for sure.

Before I knew it, I was laying her by her side, I slowly pulled scarlett closer to me, and fall asleep.

~~~

I was startled awake by a hand on my waist, and I gently opened my eyes, enjoying the beauty in front of me. She had a serene and quiet demeanor.

I slid myself out of bed and went to the dining area to get Scarlett and me some breakfast.

As soon as I arrived, I spotted a black haired man sitting on the end of the table. 

I noticed a black-haired man sitting at the far end of the table as soon as I walked in.

"Who's this?" I inquired as I glared elizabeth.

"This is Barnabas Collins."

This individual strikes me as oddly suspicious. I decided to leave the thought alone and brought two breakfasts and brought them to the office with me. As soon as I reached the room, I heard heavy breathing coming from the bed. I noticed scarlett was breathing heavily while still sleeping. I quickly set the tray of food in my table and rushed over to her. She yelled, "No- NO!"

She leapt from her bed, and looked at me with pure terror in her eyes. "Hey-hey.. shh.." I cooed.

She appeared to relax beneath my touch as I hugged her close to me.

"What happened?" I dared to ask her after she had calmed down.

"Nightmares," she said quietly.

I stroke her hair and let her to lean against my chest. I suddenly heard a rumbling sound coming from her stomach, indicating that she was hungry.

"I got breakfast for you.." I spoke.  

She gazed into my eyes as I smiled softly at her. I slowly got up and went to grab the tray, I She looked into my eyes as I gave her a warm smile. I gently rose to my feet and walked over to the tray, where I placed my meal on the table and left her breakfast in the tray.

I took the tray and placed it on her lap.

She served herself a spoonful of food without saying anything else. With a mouth full of food, she mumbled, "Thank you."

With a chuckle and a shake of my head wondering how adorable she was. I got out of bed and was about to grab my own breakfast when my wrist was grabbed by a hand.

I looked back seeing scarlett looking at me, "Where are you going?"

"I'm just gonna eat my breakfast over there," I said as I pointed to the table.

She continued to eat with a nod.

A/N HEREE!

I had almost completely forgot about this book oopsiee~

Anyway- hope you enjoy the chapter and don't forget to votee <33