Enter The Rift - Catalyst x The Foundation

Request by - @ToyMangleTheFox

It was the final day of the original Island. Catalyst sat in a chair and watched as the Seven discussed their plan in Dusty Depot. It was a quiet afternoon, as quiet as you can get with a giant asteroid frozen in time about to obliterate the known universe at any moment. The past week has been nothing but work for the Seven, as they knew they had to send the universe into a complete stop to break the loop. Catalyst closes her eyes, thinking of what the seven, more specifically their leader, the Foundation had said to her.

"Once the Zero Point makes contact, we can all go home. Isn't that what you want?" He said to her, planning to get her back to her village from outside the loop.

"I- I don't know. I kind of enjoyed my time here." She replied. The Foundation was shocked.

"Why would you say that? Don't you have a family?" He said looking at her. Ever since they met when the zero point rewound time, she has been next to him and helping him with his way around. Without her, his plan could have never been set in motion. He needed her, but also she needed him. He was someone to talk to, and get to know. He told her that she the only one he felt he could open up to. He told her this because 'oh you'll just forget it when you get home' but he really liked her company. She was warm and inviting, a sharp contrast to his hard as rock attitude (no pun intended).

"W-well, you kinda are like my family." She replied, grabbing his hand.

"Cat, I don't think I can do this. Everyone depends on me." He said, pulling away. He was right, he wanted to just walk away and make sure that everything in the loop is put to a stop. However, she has helped him and he ha grown so attracted that he decided on something. "I want to do this. All you must do is make me a promise." He said. She nodded her head.

"Anything."

"You must go home when I say." He said. His voice void of emotion.

"What? Why? I want to be here, with you!" She cried out, becoming visibly upset.

"Please. For me."

Catalyst wakes up. She appeared to have dozed off. The sirens of the launch sequence were in full blast. The seven run past her towards their rockets, but the Foundation stops.

"This is it, Cat, freedom." He said, pulling her up and taking out his rift gun (similar to Jones' one). He creates a rift in front of her to what appears to be her home village from before IO took her. "You're home. We have little time. Once we all make contact with the Zero Point, jump through and you'll be safe." He grabbed her hand and pulled it up. "I want only what's best for you."

She was completely stunned and couldn't say anything. As the Foundation was walking to his rocket, she runs to him and gabs him by the waist.

"Can I at least see your face, one time." She cried. He knew that it was a ginormous risk to take it off. It was the only thing fully keeping him from staying stuck in IO hands, but he was willing to risk it all for her. He turned to her and slowly unhinged the faceplate, letting out a hiss. Once removed they met face to face for the first time. His eyes met with hers for what felt like hours. She pulled him in and kissed him, his reaction first tense but soon let go. She stopped and looked at him.

"You are all I need. You are my family." She said. He had no response but to put his mask back on and turn to his rocket, reflecting on his thoughts. Catalyst waited at the portal for the moment he asked her to go.

A few minutes past. The Zero Point began to pull in all matter, sucking it into a vacuum. Catalyst managed to get through in time. She was in her old town, a quiet Japanese village filled with lush greenery and beautiful ponds. All these sights but she still couldn't stop thinking about the Foundation.

Nearly a month goes by as she tries to adjust to her old world. It felt like every day she was trying not to completely break down into tears. She was in her room, looking out the window of her apartment when she saw a blinding blue zap bolt into the ground. It was him, he managed to make his way after all this time. Catalyst ran outside and hugged him, making him physically jump due to her practically tackling him.

"I told you, Cat. Freedom." He said, picking her up and taking her inside.