Chapter-17

Heyyyyyyy!

I am back.

Enjoy reading.

"Siya, come home, baby

"Siya, come home, baby. We are getting late," I peek down the ledge of the first floor and call for Siya for the nth time who is busy playing with her friends after she, Avni and Rehaan came back from the picnic.

When I was about to wrap up my work in the evening, Sid asked for dinner. Not having the heart to turn him down after the frightening reaction from me, I agreed with him.

I shouldn't have reacted in that way. The past came rushing through my head and everything that happened at that moment was involuntary. I must have hurt him. The vulnerability in his voice was heavier to take. It didn't feel fake. It is only laced with immense heartbreak. Is he regretting what he did to me? Is he planning to continue our story again? Is he trying to win me? Maybe I shouldn't hold myself and tell him about my past after he left me.

My phone chimes and it's Sarah and Inu. A sudden excitement runs through me and I grab it. “Hey,” I chirp, waving my hand.

“You seem excited,” Sarah says breastfeeding her one-year-old son, Armaan. She looks up and smiles widely, “What happened?”

I shrug, “Nothing.”

“Is that a hickey?” Inaya comes closer to the phone and her nose covers my screen making mine wrinkle. Trying to cover up, I pull the dupatta on the neck. “Oh, God! Sarah, look, it's a damn fucking hickey.”

I survey my surroundings before hurriedly entering the apartment and closing the door. "Stop talking. Not a hickey, that is," I lie to her. How did I forget about it?

Sarah and Inaya narrow their eyes and scoff, “Is it from Sid bhaiyya?” Sarah leans forward excitedly. Armaan flares his nose and slaps Sarah's breast as she crushes him. I giggle. She immediately leans backwards and helps him latch. “We need details.”

I sigh. “Yes. Something happened.”

“Did you both fuck?” Inaya screams.

“What? Shut up,” I snap at her and look away. “We just had a few moments,” I brief them but Inaya is adamant to know the details and she somehow pulls out the information at the end. I roll my eyes at the exaggeration as they make a lot of funny faces and stare in amazement. "I knew exactly what was going to happen. He did not compel me. I give in to his touch and try to kiss him. However, I was unable to resist shoving him away. Perhaps it was the lady inside of me that did not forgive him and I did. So I took off.

“We comprehend. You do not have to give him another chance. It is not necessary to allow him to approach you once again. You don't need to be the girl he left. Give the situation some time to heal. Allow yourself some time to recuperate. Spend some time figuring out why the two of you had to split up." As Sarah puts Armaan to sleep, she warns, "But do not hurt each other in the process."