Chapter-2

Back with the second Chapter!

Enjoy reading!

I park my car and walk along the waves that hit my feet

I park my car and walk along the waves that hit my feet. Moving further I wad my sleeves, loosen my tie and stuff my hands in my pocket. A humourless chuckle escapes from me looking at the waves which are moving back and forth aimlessly. It resembles my life. An aimless life, waiting for someone who wasn't mine and won't be mine yet spending as time passes. I close my eyes letting the tears flow down freely.

I am Siddharth Malhotra, CEO of the Malhotra Group of companies. A widowed man. I, Trisha, Varun, Pari and Irfan have been best friends since our school days. As we grew up, our friendship bounded together strongly which made us choose the same path in the career so that we wouldn't be separated at any point in our lives. Trisha was my wife and was dead with my baby 4 years ago. We decided to name our daughter Siya and I know it's a baby girl. Father instincts tell that.

Priya Reddy Deshmukh is my first and only love. She was from a reputed family. She is the daughter of the richest man in the country and the 7th richest man in the world. She was my junior back in college and 3 years younger than me. It was love at first sight. I used to stalk her every day and was behind her like a shadow. I never dared to express my feelings due to fear of rejection and the word I gave to her brother, was the most foolish thing I've ever committed in my life. When I found that she realised her happiness in some other man, I backed off. I never met her boyfriend neither aware of his name because I didn't dare to face the truth.
Yes!! Am a coward. Biggest coward!!
But also a man who trusted the people who betrayed me.

After that, I indulged myself in business which made me who am I today. At the age of 24 itself, I was married and became a widowed man at 25. Now am just a living corpse. Emotions were dead in me long back. I failed in everything and now, am not the best son, not a perfect brother, not a lovable husband, not a protective father.

I come out of my trance when a voice which I can recognise in between even innumerable sounds, which always rings in my ears and which I heard 8 years ago, wavers its way to me.

"Siya..." I hear her panicked voice. I turn back to find her beautiful and serene face with my eyes filled with hopes but I don't find her.

"Siya..." It's her velvety voice again but I cannot find her. When the realisation dawns upon me that it is my illusion like another time tears make their way.

"Siya..." I hear her again.

I lock my ears with my palms. “Please Priya no! Am fucking tired! Get off my head, please!!!”

 “Please Priya no! Am fucking tired! Get off my head, please!!!”