Chapter-5

Back with another chapter!

A mysterious oneeeee!

Enjoy reading.

I wake up with a terrible headache as I slept last night crying to myself

I wake up with a terrible headache as I slept last night crying to myself. Not having the mood to go for a jog and gym, I directly walk into the bathroom and trim my beard. I chuckle at my reflection as it's been nearly 7 years since I never completely shaved my beard. In fact, I even forgot my beardless face. After showering, I wear my white shirt with black pants and knot maroon tie around my neck. Adjusting it under my collar, I fasten my Rolex watch on my wrist which my brother, Shaurya, gifted me when I graduated master's with the highest score ever. Picking up my coat, I pace downstairs and find Papa and chachu reading the newspaper and having their their morning tea.

"Sat Sri Akal, Papa, chachu,'' I greet them and touch their feet before taking my seat on the couch. They nod at me and turn their attention back to the newspaper.  "When did you both come back, Papa?" I ask them with a smile.

"Today you have a meeting with Saxena's, I guess," he dismisses my question, looking at me through his specs. Well, it isn't a new thing for me. He always treats me as a machine more than his son. He looks at me as if am just a source of his to flourish the business.

"Yes, Papa," I whisper lowly.

He nods and adjusts in his seat, "Saxena's daughter is interested in you. Try to know each other, Sid. Mr Saxena wants to get his daughter married to you and in return-"

''In return what? What is he giving us in return? I’m not interested in getting married again," I cut off him harshly but speak softly though I wanted to shout at him.

"Why? You are still 29, Sid. You are still young to give an heir to this family," he says.

I sigh annoyed at his direct remarks that he only wants me to give an heir and his reluctance towards my happiness. “Fine! You want me to marry, isn't it? Then, this time give me a chance to select my bride. I don't want to marry a girl who you want so that you can promote your friendship or flourish your business," I speak as calmly as possible, sipping my tea while Adithi and Virat bhaiyya are looking at me awestruck since I never spoke against my father decision.

''Whom do you want to choose, Sid? That Hyderabad girl who you loved? Who got pregnant without wedlock? The girl who cheated on you? What's her name...U.m... Priya? Yes, Priya! Deshmukh's daughter. You want to marry her?" He mocks causing me to grip the cup tightly. Mom and Chachi come running to us as Priya’s topic came up after damn six years.

"You don't have right to talk about my Priya, Papa," I said coldly blinking away my tears.

"Why not? After all, she is a witch! She ruined your life. Made you a drug addict. If not because of Trisha, you would have been dead," he roars.

“Shut up,” I throw the cup on the floor at his feet. “Never talk ill about my Priya, Papa. She isn't at fault. I threw her away breaking her heart. Because I betrayed her after promising to marry her, she searched for love and fell in love with another guy. Was that her fault? The real witch is your ex-daughter-in-law, Trisha Nanda. Just because of Trisha, I lost my Priya.” Never in my life, I will let my Priya get insulted. Not again at least.