Chapter 2

It's been a few days since I tried to help Jc. I was so mad at myself after. I broke up with my boyfriend, lost all my friends, and lost my popularity and when I tried to help he pushed me away. Now I have no friends and I'm back to being a nobody. I only have to make it for 3more months then I will be out of this school. Time couldn't go by any slower, especially since I was heading towards Mr.Bucks class where I have to sit next to Jc.

He still won't even talk to me after what I did for him. I walked in and sat down without saying a word.

"Okay class today you will be getting an assignment. You are going to have partners and I get to pick." I swear I'm gonna kill this teacher.

"Grace and Blake. Abby Jo and Ricardo. Kassidy and Tyler. Morgan and Jc." My heart froze. You have got to be kidding me. Why?!

"I guess we can do it at my house. Here's my address." I said writing it on a pice of paper and handing it to him. He didn't even look up but took it and pushed it in his back pocket.

The rest of the day went by so slowly. I started walking towards my car because I had to get home before Jc got there. I was almost to my car when I heard cries of pain coming from around the corner of the school. I walked over to see who it was. When I turned the corner I saw Jc sitting in the ground with blood all around him.

"Jc are you okay?!" I said running up and squaring next to him. He tried to stand up but I pushed him back down.

"Who did this to you?" I asked trying to wipe off the blood but it was no use.

"Ricardo." He whispered in a small voice. I looked around for his glasses to see that they were half broken on the ground.

"Come on. I can take you to my place and clean you up." He didn't argue. He wrapped an arm around my neck and I slowly helped him up. We started walking to my car when I heard laughter coming from across the parking lot. I didn't care to look up because I knew exactly who it was.

"Aw look at you. Helping out the school nerd." Ricardo said coming up to us.

"Leave us alone." I said not turning around knowing that's what he wanted.

"Why should I? I don't think The nerd here has had enough." Ricardo said trying to grab Jc. I held on tighter not letting Ricardo hurt him anymore.

"Ricardo I said leave us alone!" I shouted. Ricardo just chuckled.

"Fine, but watch your back nerds." He said walking away. How could I have been so stupid? I knew that something bad was going to come out of all of this. I was back to being the school nerd. I helped Jc into the passenger seat and then got in the drivers side. As soon as I sat down I closed my eyes. I can't believe my life had changed so fast. How could I let this happen?

"Um...are y-you okay?" Jc asked making me jump. Crap I forgot he was in the car.

"Oh um yeah." I said pulling out if the school. It was an awkward drive to my house because neither of us were talking so I decided to turn on the music. One Directions Little Things was on and I couldn't help myself I had to sing along.

"I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape. You never want to know how much you weigh. You still have to squeeze into your jeans but your perfect to me." The song ended and it immediately got awkward again.

"You have an amazing voice." Jc whispered but he said it so quiet I didn't hear him.

"What?" I asked takin my eyes off the road for a minute to look at him. He was blushing.

"Oh um...you have an amazing voice." He said looking down.

"Oh thanks." I said turning back to the road. We sat quietly until I finally pulled into the driveway.

"We're here. Okay just stay there and Ill come around." I got out and walked around to help him but he was already out of the car.

"I said I was gonna help." He just shrugged. I wrapped my arm around his waist and he wrapped his arm around my neck. I helped him inside and laid him down on my bed.

"Stay right here Ill being some ice." I went into the kitchen and put some ice in a bag. I grabbed a wash cloth and got it wet. I walked back into the room to see him asleep on my bed. I didn't realize how late it was so since he was asleep I decided to put my pajamas on. I was half way down when I heard a cough.

"Oh my God!" I screamed covering myself.

"I'm s-sorry." He said looking anywhere but me. I slipped on my top and sat down on the bed next to him.

"It's okay." I said grabbing the wash cloth. I rubbed it on his face where the dry blood was. I sat there forever wiping the blood off. He soon fell asleep so I slipped off his glasses and put them on the night stand and laid down next to him.