Crearelorn: Kaeya x Reader

。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。
ᴄʀᴇᴀʀᴇʟᴏʀɴ (ɴ.) ᴛʜᴇ ғʀᴜsᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴᴇ ғᴇᴇʟs ᴀᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴏ ᴡᴇʟʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʏɴᴀᴍɪᴄ ᴀs ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴇxɪsᴛs.
。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。

In which a girl comes to terms with Kaeya and his past.

It was raining. Mondstadt was a city of drear and gray, the tapping of the raindrops a steady noise in the background. Droplets of water raced each other down the windowpanes of your house, each one racing the other to be the first to reach the bottom. Hardly anyone was outside. You'd have to be crazy to be walking around in weather like this.

You sighed heavily, staring at the blank canvas on the easel in front of you. Rain always suppressed any creative motivation you possessed. But you wanted to paint something...something to take your mind off of the spinning thoughts running around your head in a daze. Kaeya would be here any minute and...

You groaned, rubbing your eyes with the heels of your palms. This wasn't going to be easy, and maybe you didn't have any right to bring the "subject" up, but you'd been together with Kaeya for almost two years, and you'd kept your mouth shut for just as long. Surely you deserved an explanation? Any explanation other than the simple, "Ha! That was a long time ago, Y/N. It hardly matters now," that Kaeya gave you the first time you'd asked what his childhood had been like and where he was from.

You stared out the window, half expectant and half filled with dread. You'd looked out the window just such a way two years ago when you'd first seen Kaeya...and he was just the same now as he had been...

When you'd first seen him, you were in an artist's slump. Nothing you painted seemed right. Nothing piqued your interest. Not landscapes, not portraits, not still lives. Everything seemed...dull. Not one citizen of Mondstadt caught your eye enough to be painted. So you did what you always did when you sought inspiration: you stared out the window.

Watching the days drift by in Mondstadt had become somewhat of a hobby for you. You observed people as they walked to and fro, visiting vendors and shops, running errands and quests, and other such everyday hustle and bustle. You loved watching it all, and you knew nearly everyone who walked by your house, situated at just the perfect angle to see everything. To the townsfolk, you were known as somewhat of a recluse. The artist who seldom left her home, but whose work was pristine and flawless.

You leaned your arms against the windowsill, taking a deep breath. Mondstadt was lazy that day, the hot summer sun beating down relentlessly leaving everyone sluggish and lazy. A sudden movement caught your eye. You leaned forward, straining your eyes. There was the Acting Grandmaster Jean, walking towards the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. But who was that tall man walking with her?

He was dressed strangely. Exoticly, even. His hair was a deep shade of blue, his skin a rich coffee color, and one of his eyes was obscured by an eye patch. Your mouth opened slightly. He was breathtaking, so different from every other resident of the city. How had you never seen him before?

Jean and the man stopped walking for a moment, seeming to be in the middle of a very deep discussion. You took this moment to grab one of your graphite pencils and set to work sketching on the canvas before you. What an opportunity! Here was the perfect subject for you to paint standing right in the road beside your house. It was a dream come true. You scrawled furiously, glancing between the canvas and the strange man. You watched as he smiled at Jean and your heart skipped a beat. That smile...it was beautiful. Charming and mischievous.