Blazemoche: Diluc x Reader

。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。

ʙʟᴀᴢᴇᴍᴏᴄʜᴇ (ɴ.) ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴀᴘᴇᴜᴛɪᴄ ᴛʀᴀɴᴜqɪʟɪᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ ꜰᴇᴇʟꜱ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴀᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇᴡᴏᴏᴅ.
。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。

In which Diluc and a fledgling Knight of Favonius traverse Dragonspine in search of Fatui regiments, only for them to find a little more than they expected.

"Diluc!!" You called, waving to the winery owner. You sprinted lithely across the cobblestone streets of Mondstadt towards him, skidding to a halt, out of breath.

Diluc raised an eyebrow adjusting the cuff of his gold-accented coat. "Y/N," he said, nodding slightly. "Is something wrong?"

You brushed your hair from your eyes, standing up straight as the sun glared down overhead. "No, nothing's wrong, but I heard..." Here you lowered your voice to a whisper. "I heard you were going to Dragonspine. Because of the Fatui."

Diluc frowned slightly, crossing his arms. "Where'd you hear that?"

"Kaeya."

He scoffed. "Of course you did." He picked up his sword and started walking away. You jogged after him, refusing to let him leave without you.

"Anyways, I want to go with you," you said.

Diluc stopped. "Why? Your Vision isn't exactly...conducive to the climate." He eyed the Cryo Vision at your waist, and you turned slightly away from him.

"Alright so it sounds stupid...but I want...you see...I need a chance to prove myself to the Knights," you blurted, cringing inwardly. Diluc was most definitely not the person to be asking for help in regards to the Knights of Favonius. But you didn't exactly have any other options. You needed a chance to throw off the mantle of 'rookie,' and this could be it.

Diluc looked you up and down. You held your breath. "No."

Your heart dropped as he started walking again. "Wha--hey! I'm not done talking to you." You ran after him again. "Please, Diluc? Then I'll leave you alone, I swear. I just need some way to prove to Jean that I can do normal missions!"

"And you think that beating up a few Fatui soldiers will do that?"

"Yes!"

"No. It's not a job for...neophytes."

Your mood darkened at the word. Why was he always so distant? It wasn't as if you'd purposely done anything to annoy him...unless being a Knight was a personal offense to him, and knowing Diluc that was probably the case. Sure, you weren't crazy talented with your sword like Kaeya, or super logical like Jean, or really special in any obvious way, other than your personality. It didn't change the fact that you had goals and dreams to be a true Knight, and not some errand girl as you were acclimated to. Maybe this could help you discover what your skill set could be.

You grabbed Diluc's arm. "I've been with the Knights for seven months, Diluc. I'm not some stupid amateur."

He shrugged you off, his crimson eyes flickering with strange concealed emotions. "Ever think that maybe it's because you're a Knight that I'm less inclined to help you?"

"That's ridiculous. You've known me even before I became a Knight and had no problem with me then. I'm still the same."

He scoffed again, continuing to walk away. So you matched his pace. Diluc despised the Fatui. It was no surprise that he was now hunting them down because of a lead here and there that he'd come across. Nevertheless, you thought that the two of you were friends...sort of.