Flumadiddle: A (Very Odd) Character Story

。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。
ꜰʟᴜᴍᴀᴅɪᴅᴅʟᴇ (ɴ.) ᴜᴛᴛᴇʀ ɴᴏɴꜱᴇɴꜱᴇ
。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。

In which Lumine finds a giant axolotl on her search for loach pearls and Razor joins in along the way.
(This story follows no real plot and is absolute chaos and crack.)

"Ugh, Lumine! Haven't we got enough pearls yet?" Paimon whined, spinning in annoyed circles about Lumine's head.

Lumine, not bothered in the least, continued to prance along the marsh banks, pouncing on the little axolotls for loach pearls. "I don't know. I don't even know what to use them for. It's just...kind of fun."

Paimon huffed, shaking her tiny fists. "But we have other things to do! Like...like..."

Lumine raised an eyebrow, waiting for her floating friend to continue. Paimon scowled at nothing in particular at realizing they didn't have anything else to be doing. They had just ended up in the marshes of Liyue, and Lumine had commenced her current occupation.

"Ha! Gotcha!" Lumine dropped to her knees, clapping her hands in a sort of tent over the petrified axolotl.

"Say, aren't those called... loaches? Not axolotls?" Paimon said, tilting down to watch as Lumine extracted the pearl from the axolotl's mouth.

Lumine shrugged. "I've always known them as axolotls. Besides, they sound much cuter that way.

Paimon wasn't convinced.

"Come on. Let's go a little way further." Lumine pointed down the marsh. She squinted as the glare of the noonday sun reflected off the water in a blinding display of sparkles.

She walked, Paimon floated, and before long Lumine was pushing her way through reeds, eyes to the ground in search of pearls. A low rumble caught her off guard. She slowly stood up from her crouched position on the ground.

"Paimon...please tell me that was your stomach..."

"Hey! Paimon's tummy does not sound like that!" Paimon protested. Another rumble cut off her angry tirade, this time much closer. Paimon turned and let out a squeak of horror. "L-Lumine...AHHH!!!" She shrieked and ducked behind Lumine.

Lumine whirled around and nearly fell backward into the water in shock.  Because right in front of her was an enormous axolotl. Six pink frills crested its pale head, and its beady black eyes sat awkwardly on the front of its face. The feet of the axolotl were sprawled and webbed. And it was looking right. At. Her.

Lumine was certainly familiar with the anatomy of the axolotl from all the times she'd taken loach pearls. But never on...this magnitude. Axolotls weren't supposed to be as big as houses. This was ridiculous! Nothing grew to be that big in Liyue.

"O-h-h what are we gonna do??" Paimon whimpered. "Quick! Let's run away! Maybe the Adepti will take care of it! Or that weird fisherman who always annoys Smiley Yanxiao. Yeah! That'll work!!" Paimon clutched at Lumine's arm, but Lumine didn't budge.

"Wait--"

"Wait???" Paimon shrieked. "There's a giant amphibian right there!!"